Kia Forte Forum banner

361 - 380 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
They don't provide a quality ride and aren't durable. If you just wanna go lower and don't care that the ride is gonna be a lil shitty, and that the shocks probably won't last very long, then you're good to go.
That’s what I was afraid of. Well, glad I asked before just buying. I was looking at a possible Megan Racing set, but I was warned that those aren’t great quality either. There’s also a Godspeed brand I’m not familiar with either.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That’s what I was afraid of. Well, glad I asked before just buying. I was looking at a possible Megan Racing set, but I was warned that those aren’t great quality either. There’s also a Godspeed brand I’m not familiar with either.
Word on the street is that Godspeed = Rev9. Cheap is cheap. If you don't spend $1K on coils, they won't be high quality.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Word on the street is that Godspeed = Rev9. Cheap is cheap. If you don't spend $1K on coils, they won't be high quality.
What I was thinking exactly, unfortunately. I’m thinking about doing lowering springs for now until I can afford to do full coilovers. Anyone know exactly which spring set will fit the ‘20 LXS?

·
Registered
103 Posts
What I was thinking exactly, unfortunately. I’m thinking about doing lowering springs for now until I can afford to do full coilovers. Anyone know exactly which spring set will fit the ‘20 LXS?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone installed the cosmo short shifter? One review says it hits the console in reverse. But they are the only actual short shifter I've found. Also how much shorter are the throws? It's the one thing I don't like about the forte gt is the throws make you feel like you're driving a ford ranger. Any advice? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone installed the cosmo short shifter? One review says it hits the console in reverse. But they are the only actual short shifter I've found. Also how much shorter are the throws? It's the one thing I don't like about the forte gt is the throws make you feel like you're driving a ford ranger. Any advice? Thanks guys
I just bought mine a few days back, it doesn’t hit it is a lot closer to the console than the stock shifter but doesn’t hit. The throws cut about 40%

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought mine a few days back, it doesn’t hit it is a lot closer to the console than the stock shifter but doesn’t hit. The throws cut about 40% View attachment 81535
Thanks, I got sick of waiting on a reply and just ordered it lol. But I live in Wisconsin and so I might wait til spring to install it. Cold and removing plastic panels don't go together lol. Thanks though looks good. I got a different knob coming too

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, I got sick of waiting on a reply and just ordered it lol. But I live in Wisconsin and so I might wait til spring to install it. Cold and removing plastic panels don't go together lol. Thanks though looks good. I got a different knob coming too
I understand, I read through the reviews and got sick of waiting if anyone had installed it so I just bought it. Yeah, I bought a weighted Shift knob I don’t mind the one it comes with but I’ve been wanting to try out a weighted one for a while. Oh! If it helps I emailed cosmoracing and apparently the shift knob threading for the short shifter is 10 x 1.25

·
Registered
12 Posts
I understand, I read through the reviews and got sick of waiting if anyone had installed it so I just bought it. Yeah, I bought a weighted Shift knob I don’t mind the one it comes with but I’ve been wanting to try out a weighted one for a while. Oh! If it helps I emailed cosmoracing and apparently the shift knob threading for the short shifter is 10 x 1.25
Yeah I checked the thread pitch and ordered a big bore weighted shift knob from raceseng. But it's like a 8 week wait because each is custom made. But I've used their shift knobs before and to me it's worth the money to have a good knob. Cheap knobs suck. They say it's weighted and it's less than 1lb. Especially if it reduces by 40% you want a heavy knob. It makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I checked the thread pitch and ordered a big bore weighted shift knob from raceseng. But it's like a 8 week wait because each is custom made. But I've used their shift knobs before and to me it's worth the money to have a good knob. Cheap knobs suck. They say it's weighted and it's less than 1lb. Especially if it reduces by 40% you want a heavy knob. It makes a huge difference.
Oh really? never checked theirs out, I bought mine from likewise buddy of mine has one of the weighted one and it helps a lot

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh really? never checked theirs out, I bought mine from likewise buddy of mine has one of the weighted one and it helps a lot
They're nice but it's got a high price tag. I thing this one sense I got a big bore to fit the lock out collar like the one from cosmo is it was like 160 I think. But a nice car should have nice things. If this was a 91 honda I'd just junk yard hunt lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They're nice but it's got a high price tag. I thing this one sense I got a big bore to fit the lock out collar like the one from cosmo is it was like 160 I think. But a nice car should have nice things. If this was a 91 honda I'd just junk yard hunt lol.
Yeah just checked the website pretty pricey lol, but aye it is a nice car and your taste so by all means you know? Once it arrives let me know how it feels would consider buying one if the feeling is right

361 - 380 of 413 Posts