Kia Forte Forum banner

401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Any increase in engine vibration detected?
Ive noticed only on idle vibration feel. Launching feels amazing. Im sure there is settle in time as well that will happen. Im happy the feel.
Here is a good video about stock lower motor mount vs a upgrade motor mount.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I couldn't wait any longer, I installed my plugs, hot pipe and intake.

Without a doubt the biggest change was after the intake. I could hear the turbo a little better and spooled slightly faster with the hot pipe upgrade but after adding the intake I can really feel the difference. The car is pulling hard especially at higher speeds.

Car goes in for the steering wheel scratchy sound on Monday so after that I'll install the JB4 sitting here on my desk.

MSD coils are on the way. I need to get the strut bar and sway bar ordered too. I'll probably add the catch can too.

What does the MAC solenoid do that is better than stock?

I tried to pick a race with a Type R this morning but it was a no go. A little disappointed on that, however, TX2K21 is coming up soon so if my other car is not ready I will have the KIA for a little fun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive noticed only on idle vibration feel. Launching feels amazing. Im sure there is settle in time as well that will happen. Im happy the feel.
Here is a good video about stock lower motor mount vs a upgrade motor mount.

Did you have to lift the motor to get it installed or were you able to just unbolt the stock one and install the new one?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Well I couldn't wait any longer, I installed my plugs, hot pipe and intake.

Without a doubt the biggest change was after the intake. I could hear the turbo a little better and spooled slightly faster with the hot pipe upgrade but after adding the intake I can really feel the difference. The car is pulling hard especially at higher speeds.

Car goes in for the steering wheel scratchy sound on Monday so after that I'll install the JB4 sitting here on my desk.

MSD coils are on the way. I need to get the strut bar and sway bar ordered too. I'll probably add the catch can too.

What does the MAC solenoid do that is better than stock?

I tried to pick a race with a Type R this morning but it was a no go. A little disappointed on that, however, TX2K21 is coming up soon so if my other car is not ready I will have the KIA for a little fun.
Nice work.
MAC: MAC BOV Solenoid Upgrade

401 - 409 of 409 Posts