Kia Forte Forum banner

421 - 440 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im trying to find downpipes, cold air intake, exhaust tune/upgrade in the LA area. Anyone know any shops who tune and do exhaust upgrades? I love the stock sound, just need it louder with more crackles and pops. Thanks~
Cold Air

Looks like there have been a few different down pipes people have tried not sure which one everyone likes the most. Here is one option.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the plugs, intake, hot pipe and jb4 installed. I have the Vellossa scoop waiting to be installed but I think I will wait until I do the intercooler to put this on.

Should I go with the inter cooler, blowoff valve, mac solenoid and vellossa or down pipe? It's $699 for the down pipe or 1,137.00 for the inter cooler, blowoff valve, mac solenoid . I wouldn't mid holding off on the more expensive purchases and saving a little money and waiting a couple months but I think I want to go with whichever item will give me more gains. I am getting close to being finished with taking this car as far as I plan too.

Where do you think I would get more power/speed?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
I have the plugs, intake, hot pipe and jb4 installed. I have the Vellossa scoop waiting to be installed but I think I will wait until I do the intercooler to put this on.

Should I go with the inter cooler, blowoff valve, mac solenoid and vellossa or down pipe? It's $699 for the down pipe or 1,137.00 for the inter cooler, blowoff valve, mac solenoid . I wouldn't mid holding off on the more expensive purchases and saving a little money and waiting a couple months but I think I want to go with whichever item will give me more gains. I am getting close to being finished with taking this car as far as I plan too.

Where do you think I would get more power/speed?
Down pipe is a pain in the ass to do. It will require a shop that can drill out broken studs to the turbo if they snap. I recommend going to the dealer buy extra studs and gasket and finding a decent professional shop that can handle the job correctly. There could be down time also to consider. Im going to do my down pipe when Evilla releases thier quad tip exhaust set up hopefully coming soon. So intercooler will most likely be done before down pipe and ill take a few days off for the down pipe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Down pipe is a pain in the ass to do. It will require a shop that can drill out broken studs to the turbo if they snap. I recommend going to the dealer buy extra studs and gasket and finding a decent professional shop that can handle the job correctly. There could be down time also to consider. Im going to do my down pipe when Evilla releases thier quad tip exhaust set up hopefully coming soon. So intercooler will most likely be done before down pipe and ill take a few days off for the down pipe.
I read about the bolts seizing up. I think I will just let the exhaust shop handle it. I do not see a big charge from them, it would be much easier with a full lift too. I'll pick up the extra gasket and studs too that is good thinking to avoid down time.

Maybe I'll wait on that and get the other mods in first. I'm just feeling like I am getting close to being complete. I have another car that really needs my focus but I have been consumed with this one right now LOL. I am really likening the car though, much more than I originally thought I would. Big change from my 2012 Forte that was the most boring car I ever owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cold Air

Looks like there have been a few different down pipes people have tried not sure which one everyone likes the most. Here is one option.
Thank you~
So I went to panda works and got the racechip GTS w/app, the intake you posted, a HKS BOV, I want these down pipes and a nice loud crackle/gurgle/pop tune. I will update and try and get dyno results since that seems to be a major issue here :p

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
Thank you~
So I went to panda works and got the racechip GTS w/app, the intake you posted, a HKS BOV, I want these down pipes and a nice loud crackle/gurgle/pop tune. I will update and try and get dyno results since that seems to be a major issue here :p
Recommend upgrade the spark plugs. 🙂. The closest dynojet is about 45 away. One day ill get there with a appointment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll get it on the dyno when I am done with both the intercooler and down pipe. Maybe by May, I'll get it done.

I'm running 30% e85 right now on Map 3 and it freaking goes when boost kicks in. The IAT's are running a little high so I am giving more thought to the intercooler.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What are some good Aftermarket spark plugs? See people talking about them but no idea which would be the best choice

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
What are some good Aftermarket spark plugs? See people talking about them but no idea which would be the best choice
Keep stock ones if stock. Tune or piggyback unit M45XL. Can also purchase MSD coils better than stock coils which atm Hyundai/Kia ones are not doing well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Keep stock ones if stock. Tune or piggyback unit M45XL. Can also purchase MSD coils better than stock coils which atm Hyundai/Kia ones are not doing well.
Thank you, yeah I recently bought the Takeda Stage Two CAI and waiting to buy the sxth element hotpipe, so I was wondering would staying stock on spark plugs be the best option or aftermarket

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks great. My thoughts should of eliminated the bend and do a hook up like the takeda and i would be sold on it. Price tag I believe in the $400s for it.
Yeah my thoughts as well im going to hold off and see their test fitment tomorrow and see how it is compared to the aFe!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Yeah my thoughts as well im going to hold off and see their test fitment tomorrow and see how it is compared to the aFe!
Sounds good. My concern that it wouldn't pair well the velossa tech intake scoop behind the grill. Thats why i went with the takeda for straight shot air. Plus im not a fan of them using allen key equipment so easy to be stripped out.

421 - 440 of 483 Posts