Kia Forte Forum banner

441 - 460 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds good. My concern that it wouldn't pair well the velossa tech intake scoop behind the grill. Thats why i went with the takeda for straight shot air. Plus im not a fan of them using allen key equipment so easy to be stripped out.
I didn’t really think of the Allen bolts you make a fair point on that, and yeah I do want that Velossa scoop. I just thought the design of it was pretty clean !

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
With all SXTH Element's experience on air flow I don't understand why they designed it like that. Probably to keep the sound down and maybe to get it CARB legal?
I don't think they would want the hassle of getting certified. If companies like K&N basically quit trying, i doubt they would try to get their intake 50 state legal. And if the projected pricing is $400, i would think it would be a $500 plus for a CARB legal one. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone know the top plug and play tuners to make this car as fast as possible? I’ve seen the JB4 is a hassle and racechip isn’t exactly the best. Just wanted some insight before I dropped the cash on something I won’t truly enjoy. Thanks gang !

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #445 (Edited)
Anyone know the top plug and play tuners to make this car as fast as possible? I’ve seen the JB4 is a hassle and racechip isn’t exactly the best. Just wanted some insight before I dropped the cash on something I won’t truly enjoy. Thanks gang !
How is JB4 a hassle? Im running JB4. There is also SXTH REV6 great unit aswell. I will say at the start with JB4 support for our car wasn't the best its far more advanced than all plug and play units. Like all manufacturers needed more time figuring out our new car and update things. With all figuring out and correct adjustments JB4 as been solid for our car and the best unit 2nd would be the REV6 from SXTH. PM if you would like for more information.
JB4 phone app with correct readings:

JB4 app on a tablet:

you can pick choose other options to see and monitor plus u can arrange them the way you want.

Can also use it as a code reader:

·
Registered
8 Posts
That looks beautiful lmao. I’ve seen a couple people complain that it’s not exactly plug and play, it requires a couple hours of installation, instructions for instal were hard to find, kinda buggy on the app like you said. I have seen that once you get it set up it works like a dream. This is the first car I’ve ever wanted to mod as I’ve just recently gotten into cars over the last 6 months, so im a rookie when it comes to all this stuff. I might PM you with some other questions at some point today with some instal questions and little things like that. I appreciate your knowledge and input thought my man. After this comment it looks like im leaning towards that JB4.
One more question, does burger ever run any specials/ sales or is this price pretty set in stone year round ?

How is JB4 a hassle? Im running JB4. There is also SXTH REV6 great unit aswell. I will say at the start with JB4 support for our car wasn't the best its far more advanced than all plug and play units. Like all manufacturers needed more time figuring out our new car and update things. With all figuring out and correct adjustments JB4 as been solid for our car and the best unit 2nd would be the REV6 from SXTH. PM if you would like for more information.

View attachment 81980

JB4 app on a tablet:
View attachment 81979

you can pick choose other options to see and monitor plus u can arrange them the way you want.

View attachment 81981

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
That looks beautiful lmao. I’ve seen a couple people complain that it’s not exactly plug and play, it requires a couple hours of installation, instructions for instal were hard to find, kinda buggy on the app like you said. I have seen that once you get it set up it works like a dream. This is the first car I’ve ever wanted to mod as I’ve just recently gotten into cars over the last 6 months, so im a rookie when it comes to all this stuff. I might PM you with some other questions at some point today with some instal questions and little things like that. I appreciate your knowledge and input thought my man. After this comment it looks like im leaning towards that JB4.
One more question, does burger ever run any specials/ sales or is this price pretty set in stone year round ?
It took 45min installed with fuel adapter (yes there is adaptive fuel control) running the odb2 connection to the JB4 box to inside the car and wire management. Updated to newest firmware took 15min.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It took me about 30-45 minutes, I did not install the fuel wire, I will come back and do that later.

Most of the time was spent taking the odb2 wire through the firewall and removing/ installing the intake.

It was pretty simple overall.

I need to update the firmware too.

@Olszewski do you have an image of your fuel wire connection? I am going to try knocking that out this weekend.

Here is where I routed my odb2 wire, I pulled it through with my amp power wire.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
It took me about 30-45 minutes, I did not install the fuel wire, I will come back and do that later.

Most of the time was spent taking the odb2 wire through the firewall and removing/ installing the intake.

It was pretty simple overall.

I need to update the firmware too.

@Olszewski do you have an image of your fuel wire connection? I am going to try knocking that out this weekend.

Here is where I routed my odb2 wire, I pulled it through with my amp power wire.
View attachment 81982
Yes PM me. I ran my OBD2 a little differently just incase i needed to to remove in a timely manner wire does not pinch at door and in between two rubbery weather stripping. :

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting, not too familiar with a fuel adapter? I’m sure I could find a video online, but what is the concept of a fuel wire ? Could I reach out to you if I need some basic instructions?

It took 45min installed with fuel adapter (yes there is adaptive fuel control) running the odb2 connection to the JB4 box to inside the car and wire management. Updated to newest firmware took 15min.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't think they would want the hassle of getting certified. If companies like K&N basically quit trying, i doubt they would try to get their intake 50 state legal. And if the projected pricing is $400, i would think it would be a $500 plus for a CARB legal one. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
K&N and others haven't quit trying. It's very expensive to test to justify as you said the price would go up. These are entry level cars and typically enthusiast with limited knowledge and limited budgets.

The rest of the country basically ignores those regulations anyway so they don't bother to certify these parts.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The JB4 you can do quick and dirty install through the door jam for the OBD-II plug and don't bother with the fuel wire.

I like the clean look. Unless I point things out you won't see it and barely see the plugs. There is also benefit from the fuel wire as the car runs excessively rich at high rpm to protect the converter from getting too hot. It also keeps AFR's inline when you run E85 blends.

The only problem I've had with the app is that it won't data log the last time I tried. But it has other times, it is likely my phone since I have problems with other apps on it, it's 3 years old which is long time for people to have a phone these days.

This is by far the more effective mod you can put on your Forte GT.

FedEx Scan 2021-01-07_15-08-16(4).jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts

View attachment 81980

JB4 app on a tablet:
View attachment 81979

View attachment 81981
What tablet mount are you using?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
how are you feeling with the EM3?I’ve been thinking of buying it the reviews on sxth element say it helps but wanted to see how you’re enjoying it
Loving it. Little to none wheel hop and u can feel the difference on acceleration and being solid. There is a break in period with some cabin vibration but after its good. Its definitely worth it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Loving it. Little to none wheel hop and u can feel the difference on acceleration and being solid. There is a break in period with some cabin vibration but after its good. Its definitely worth it.
After the break in period is there still cabin vibration? Or is it barely noticeable?

441 - 460 of 483 Posts