Kia Forte Forum banner

461 - 480 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Loving it. Little to none wheel hop and u can feel the difference on acceleration and being solid. There is a break in period with some cabin vibration but after its good. Its definitely worth it.
I installed (well somebody did it for me cheap) the Whiteline rear mount bushings. When I was down there I asked them about the anti-lift control arm bushings which I think is a less intrusive modification to stop all wheel hop. They are backordered and won't be back in-stock for about three weeks.

The bushings are a better choice and might be noticeable only on broken payment, mostly transmitting road noise back into the cabin.

Anyway the buzz is tolerable as long as it lessens over time and one reason I don't do mounts anymore. It may solve wheel hop but it won't improve traction; at least not to the point of making a big difference where it counts.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That looks beautiful lmao. I’ve seen a couple people complain that it’s not exactly plug and play, it requires a couple hours of installation, instructions for instal were hard to find, kinda buggy on the app like you said. I have seen that once you get it set up it works like a dream. This is the first car I’ve ever wanted to mod as I’ve just recently gotten into cars over the last 6 months, so im a rookie when it comes to all this stuff. I might PM you with some other questions at some point today with some instal questions and little things like that. I appreciate your knowledge and input thought my man. After this comment it looks like im leaning towards that JB4.
One more question, does burger ever run any specials/ sales or is this price pretty set in stone year round ?
First time took 30 mins. However mine is ran into the firewall. I'd have to point it out for you to see it. I've taken it off three times now and it takes maybe 10 mins? I leave the OBD plug just unplug it from the port. Three connections and that's it including the fuel wire.

Hardly a hassle and it's ROI is high. But as I said on FB, if you're looking for slightly more than stock then other options might be better.

There is still an information gap about piggybacks in general.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
I installed (well somebody did it for me cheap) the Whiteline rear mount bushings. When I was down there I asked them about the anti-lift control arm bushings which I think is a less intrusive modification to stop all wheel hop. They are backordered and won't be back in-stock for about three weeks.

They are a much better choice and might be noticeable on broken payment, mostly transmitting road noise back into the cabin.

Anyway the buzz is tolerable as long as it lessens over time and one reason I don't do mounts anymore. It may solve wheel hop but it won't improve traction; at least not to the point of making a big difference where it counts.
For me its definitely a worthy upgrade over stock period. Brand wise you have several to chose from with all solid results. Im happy with my purchase from SXTH and the quality of the product. Traction wise ill be getting better than stock tires when the time comes. Still haven't hit 10k yet, i owed the car over a 1 year and several months. Lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
For me its definitely a worthy upgrade over stock period. Brand wise you have several to chose from with all solid results. Im happy with my purchase from SXTH and the quality of the product. Traction wise ill be getting better than stock tires when the time comes. Still haven't hit 10k yet, i owed the car over a 1 year and several months. Lol.
June 2nd 2020 to today = 26,200 miles

·
Registered
185 Posts
Better ties don't really work either, only marginally compared to the investment if we're talking street tires. There isn't anything sticker than the summer Michelins but Pilot Cups. The oft talked about Toyo Triple 8 is an autocross/track day tire. In other words similar tires from Hankook, Falken or Yokohama would have the same performance.

The tread is softer so it will improve straight line performance but more so in the turns. At the expense of shorter tread life (I got about 30K out of Falken's) and more road noise.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
Better ties don't really work either, only marginally compared to the investment if we're talking street tires. There isn't anything sticker than the summer Michelins but Pilot Cups. The oft talked about Toyo Triple 8 is an autocross/track day tire. In other words similar tires from Hankook, Falken or Yokohama would have the same performance.

The tread is softer so it will improve straight line performance but more so in the turns. At the expense of shorter tread life (I got about 30K out of Falken's) and more road noise.
Anything is better than the stock kumhos im running.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anything is better than the stock kumhos im running.
Don't write off the Kumhos completely. They tend to have a softer side wall, so when you air them down to around 20 psi they actually grip pretty well, straight line of course. Just stay away from the Chinese tires like Federal 595 RS-R, etc they are LOUD especially on broken junctions like you have with concrete.
I
Even the Toyo R888R isn't very quiet. I've found Falken Azenis to be a good compromise between noise, price, longevity and grip. They used to be notorious for bad rain handling but they fixed that a couple of generations ago. I had almost as much grip on damp pavement as I did on dry.

Kumho Ecsta V720's are a nice step up in class.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I searched Summit Racing for "ESHY30NVKCS" and found the price to be pretty good at $639.00 + $9.99 shipping, so $649.89, awesome. Also that they list the application as "Hyundai Veloster N". So I went back to xforceusa's site and searched for the Veloster N and it shows 2 options, ESHY30NVKCS and ES-HY30N-VMKSB-CBS. Looks like the ES-HY30N-VMKSB-CBS is the one that comes with the smart box. A check back at Summit Racing put that price at $801.90+$60 shipping for me so $861.90, not too bad.

How can I buy this without my wife noticing the giant box and me under the car for a few hours?:unsure::sneaky:

UPDATE
I'm not sold that these will fit our sedans as the Hatch versions are shorter... see Arith's post about this... Who's gonna be the one to try it out haha?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I searched Summit Racing for "ESHY30NVKCS" and found the price to be pretty good at $639.00 + $9.99 shipping, so $649.89, awesome. Also that they list the application as "Hyundai Veloster N". So I went back to xforceusa's site and searched for the Veloster N and it shows 2 options, ESHY30NVKCS and ES-HY30N-VMKSB-CBS. Looks like the ES-HY30N-VMKSB-CBS is the one that comes with the smart box. A check back at Summit Racing put that price at $801.90+$60 shipping for me so $861.90, not too bad.

How can I buy this without my wife noticing the giant box and me under the car for a few hours?:unsure::sneaky:

UPDATE
I'm not sold that these will fit our sedans as the Hatch versions are shorter... see Arith's post about this... Who's gonna be the one to try it out haha?

I agree with you - if the pictured exhaust is the actual exhaust the outlets are too short for the Forte GT. Whoever buys one of these should check with XForce to insure it fits!

Take the wife to an expensive restaurant, make sure she drinks lots of wine, when she's sleeping it off work on your car...😁😈

"It's always easier to apologize for buying more parts then to receive permission to buy those parts"...said every divorced man...LOL!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m running a RaceChip GTS in my car, do I need to buy the M45XL sparkplugs? Or just depends on the maps I have it on? I don’t go past map 3 since I really don’t know if I need the sparkplugs for a higher map

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
I’m running a RaceChip GTS in my car, do I need to buy the M45XL sparkplugs? Or just depends on the maps I have it on? I don’t go past map 3 since I really don’t know if I need the sparkplugs for a higher map
Adding boost its recommended. If you start to feel issues like misfiring then replace. Ive seen what stock plugs look like when adding boost on stock gapped plugs. Not pretty. Just taking chances when on stock plugs and gap.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Adding boost its recommended. If you start to feel issues like misfiring then replace. Ive seen what stock plugs look like when adding boost on stock gapped plugs. Not pretty. Just taking chances when on stock plugs and gap.
Thank you, yeah been worried to even try it lol don’t really wana take the chance so ordering them right now 😂

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ran my racechip gets on lvl 7 for about a year on stock plugs but I only put like 5000 miles on it and I drive like a granny 95% of the time. I did recently swapped the plugs out to the HKS M45XL for safety sake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally installed the cosmo racing short shifter and custom made raceseng shift knob. Love it. No more clunky plastic feeling shifts, it's not crazy short which is good. I didn't want it super short. Just the factory shifter felt like a ford ranger. The throws were way too long for a sport sedan.

Excuse the dirt, needs to be detailed. And ignore the cigarettes I don't smoke in it

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
Finally installed the cosmo racing short shifter and custom made raceseng shift knob. Love it. No more clunky plastic feeling shifts, it's not crazy short which is good. I didn't want it super short. Just the factory shifter felt like a ford ranger. The throws were way too long for a sport sedan.

Excuse the dirt, needs to be detailed. And ignore the cigarettes I don't smoke in it
View attachment 82236 View attachment 82237
Looking good.

461 - 480 of 483 Posts