Kia Forte Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Again, thanks for your generous sharing of information about our Forte's.
Getting thanks makes it worth it! Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So the park light restarts, as in animation with parks lights on, each time you hit the brakes and release them?
Yes! It looks awesome driving away!

I really like how this light personalizes my car! The thumbs up and comments I'm getting from other drivers helps too...:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there any way to just set it to once the run in lights come on they stay on? They look really nice but I would like them to just stay on when the running lights are on and that’s it

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Is there any way to just set it to once the run in lights come on they stay on? They look really nice but I would like them to just stay on when the running lights are on and that’s it
Yes, You will use the brake light wire. When using the brake light wire the brake light just comes on even when the running lights are on. On this light there is no start up animation for the brake light. Remember - I used the turn signal wires to get the brake light animation.

These videos show the dream seek light in the mode you want:

Dreamseek Rear Trunk Light for 2019+ Kia K3 Forte Cerato Tail Light Brake Lamp with Welcome Function - YouTube

Dreamseek LED Tail Trunk Strip Light for Kia K3 Forte Cerato 2019 2020 Stop Brake Rear Lamp - YouTube

There are several versions of this light on ebay - The 2 I show in this thread are different in LEDs (bulbs Vs ribbon), Different castings (the dream seek version has only 2 tabs and doesn't require modifying here to get it to fit - the first version has more tabs then our reflector and requires grinding down tabs and casting lines to get it to fit), and the dream seek version doesn't have brake light animation - the first one flashed 3 times before the brake light came on.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes, You will use the brake light wire. When using the brake light wire the brake light just comes on even when the running lights are on. On this light there is no start up animation for the brake light. Remember - I used the turn signal wires to get the brake light animation.

These videos show the dream seek light in the mode you want:

Dreamseek Rear Trunk Light for 2019+ Kia K3 Forte Cerato Tail Light Brake Lamp with Welcome Function - YouTube

Dreamseek LED Tail Trunk Strip Light for Kia K3 Forte Cerato 2019 2020 Stop Brake Rear Lamp - YouTube

There are several versions of this light on ebay - The 2 I show in this thread are different in LEDs (bulbs Vs ribbon), Different castings (the dream seek version has only 2 tabs and doesn't require modifying here to get it to fit - the first version has more tabs then our reflector and requires grinding down tabs and casting lines to get it to fit), and the dream seek version doesn't have brake light animation - the first one flashed 3 times before the brake light came on.
The newest version will have the animation with the brake light wires connected?

With it connected I get -

a) Startup animation
b) Fully lighted with running lights (My headlights are on automatic) and with lights on
c) Will not flash with turn signals

Setting things in place that when the car is down for repairs to order and have it installed, maybe a few other cosmetic changes as well.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
The newest version will have the animation with the brake light wires connected?

With it connected I get -

a) Startup animation
b) Fully lighted with running lights (My headlights are on automatic) and with lights on
c) Will not flash with turn signals

Setting things in place that when the car is down for repairs to order and have it installed, maybe a few other cosmetic changes as well.
If you get the Dreamseek-US version trunk light:
Brake light - no animation: Connect white wire to factory red wire at left outer tail light***
If you want annimated brake light instead connect the two yellow wires to the factory red wire at left outer tail light. The yellow wires are for the turn signals. Do not use the WHITE WIRE if you use the yellow wires for the brake light.
Running lights - w/start up animation: Connect red wire to factory pink wire at left outer tail light. Note if you use the yellow turn signal wires you will get the running light's animated start up each time you release the brakes when the running lights are on.
If you want the turn signals to work you'll have to connect the correct yellow wire to each turn signal wire (Idon't know which factory color wire since I didn't do this).
Connect the black wire to a ground - I used the lower stud/nut at the left outer tail light.

If you configure it the way I did the running lights will turn on with the headlight switch and the brake lights will come on when you push the brake pedal with or without the car ignition switch on - NORMAL OPERATION.

***Quality control may be lacking - check your light's operation with a 9-volt battery to verify wire color. In fact, CHECK the light as soon as you get it to verify it works properly. Hold the black ground wire to the9 volt battery's negative post and then touch each colored wire to the positive post to verify what it does. The first light I worked on had a red wire (brakes), White wire (running lights), Blue wire and yellow wire for turn signals - AND I didn't check its' operation until AFTER I had it installed before I found some of the LED bulbs didn't work.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you get the Dreamseek-US version trunk light:
Brake light - no animation: Connect white wire to factory red wire at left outer tail light***
If you want annimated brake light instead connect the two yellow wires to the factory red wire at left outer tail light. The yellow wires are for the turn signals. Do not use the WHITE WIRE if you use the yellow wires for the brake light.
Running lights - w/start up animation: Connect red wire to factory pink wire at left outer tail light. Note if you use the yellow turn signal wires you will get the running light's animated start up each time you release the brakes when the running lights are on.
If you want the turn signals to work you'll have to connect the correct yellow wire to each turn signal wire (Idon't know which factory color wire since I didn't do this).
Connect the black wire to a ground - I used the lower stud/nut at the left outer tail light.

If you configure it the way I did the running lights will turn on with the headlight switch and the brake lights will come on when you push the brake pedal with or without the car ignition switch on - NORMAL OPERATION.

***Quality control may be lacking - check your light's operation with a 9-volt battery to verify wire color. In fact, CHECK the light as soon as you get it to verify it works properly. Hold the black ground wire to the9 volt battery's negative post and then touch each colored wire to the positive post to verify what it does. The first light I worked on had a red wire (brakes), White wire (running lights), Blue wire and yellow wire for turn signals - AND I didn't check its' operation until AFTER I had it installed before I found some of the LED bulbs didn't work.
Thanks for the explanation and videos. I am looking at more stuff so I can combine shipping.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts