Kia Forte Forum banner

521 - 540 of 558 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Using POR-15 Red Caliper Paint (brush-on) - expect car to be down for more then a day as it takes 3-4 hours for first coat to dry and then 24 hours for second coat to dry before reassembly!

NOTE: In this picture the paint looks dark orange. As it cures it gets darker and looks like the red on top of the can!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your just wasting your money as there is no benefit to painting your calipers red. I don't know why idiots keep doing this after I tell them time and time again!
/sarc

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Your just wasting your money as there is no benefit to painting your calipers red. I don't know why idiots keep doing this after I tell them time and time again!
/sarc
LOL. I hear red calipers reduce stopping distance by .00000000000000000000000000000000000000036 inches...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you are a member of forteforums.com and a 3rd gen Forte owner then you know this thread has saved you time and effort in searching for aftermarket performance parts (intakes, exhausts, etc) as well as aftermarket aesthetic parts (emblems, decals, etc)!
If this thread has helped you then go back to page 1 post #2 and give Olsweski a like!
With 94K views this thread should have the most likes of any thread on forteforums.com!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Any good mods for the 2020 lxs forte?
aFe has intakes for the 2.0 - they haven't updated their website to include the Kia Forte, use the Hyundai Elantra listing.
The Velossa tech big mouth intake works on all models.
There are exhausts available for the 2.0 Kia Forte 2019 to 2020 Exhaust (evillamotorsports.com)
Emblems and wheels are available for all models
Obviously you can't use GT 1.6T engine parts or GT rear suspension parts but most other parts can be used...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
R1Concepts rear brakes are on my 2021 GT. Compared to the front brakes the rears are a PITA! Because of the emergency brake cable!

Pass rear:
Rt Rr Brakes.jpg

Driver rear:
Lt Rr Brakes.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to install the AEM intake to my 2021 Forte LXS. Just wondering wether or not it will void my warranty? Im fairly new to the community and just looking for some pointers.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Looking to install the AEM intake to my 2021 Forte LXS. Just wondering wether or not it will void my warranty? Im fairly new to the community and just looking for some pointers.
You aren't the first to ask nor will you be the last...:)
An intake will not void your warranty. Want to be sure? Just go and talk to the service manager at your local dealer. I drop by and show the service manager the mods I put on my car all the time.

521 - 540 of 558 Posts