Kia Forte Forum banner
601 - 620 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Given the backorder of the AFe closed intake, the question should be asked: What benefits you more = Cold Air or More Flow?
Easy answer!

Since the formula is for each 7 degrees warmer air you lose ONE horsepower. If your engine needs an additional 300 CFM to make 10 more horsepower then the solution is more air.

Factory air intakes are designed PRIMARILY to reduce NOISE - not make horsepower. If you're trying to go as fast as you can then making sure your engine can get ALL the air it can. MORE AIR FLOW IS THE SOLUTION. PERIOD!

In the 60s and 70s a LOT of car manufacturers had COOL cold air intakes that had openings in the hood or scoops and even scoops that popped up to keep the air intake cool. EVERY ONE of the owners of those cars, when at the dragstrip, took those COOL air intakes OFF their car and put on a 360 degree open air filter on top of their carburetors. The factory cold air intakes were restrictive and nobody gave a damn about "underhood heat" in order to go as fast as they could.

A dyno CAN NOT simulate the effect of air pressure built up at the front of a car doing 20, 40, 60, or 80 MPH - that air pressure helps to feed the intake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi got a question I have a 2020forte 2.0 mpi engine I cut out the three of the top of the grill cause it was a solid piece and I pulled down that snorkeling air piece that seems to block the factory ram intake it seems to have better throttle response nothing amazing but it seemed to get rid of that lag would this interfere with gas mileage

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi got a question I have a 2020forte 2.0 mpi engine I cut out the three of the top of the grill cause it was a solid piece and I pulled down that snorkeling air piece that seems to block the factory ram intake it seems to have better throttle response nothing amazing but it seemed to get rid of that lag would this interfere with gas mileage
According to the hypermilers warmer intake temps help with mileage. You can extend that opening by getting a Velossa Tech Inlet Scoop - 2020+ Kia Forte GT/EX/LXS BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intake Snorkel

·
Registered
159 Posts
Are those Inlet Scoops interchangeable like other intake parts between the Elantra and Forte?

If so, then AFe now sells their version but states Elantra GT and i30 only for applications. Wasn't sure it was like the Momentum that can be used on them and the Forte GT as well.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Are those Inlet Scoops interchangeable like other intake parts between the Elantra and Forte?

If so, then AFe now sells their version but states Elantra GT and i30 only for applications. Wasn't sure it was like the Momentum that can be used on them and the Forte GT as well.

Another member installed a Velossatech intake for a Hyundai on their Forte GT- because Velossatech hadn't made one for the Forte yet. It fit but the scoop was in the wrong place for the grille. He later installed the Velossatech intake when they made it for the Forte. If aFe doesn't list it for the Forte there's a reason.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·

They are not the same fit. Have to buy specifically for the vehicle. Velossa Tech is the way to go.

·
Registered
159 Posts
WhooHoo! Found a place that had the Takeda CAI with the Pro-5R filter in stock. Last one they had! A few bucks more than the sale price I originally ordered from aFe, but I'll get it next week compared to mid September.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
WhooHoo! Found a place that had the Takeda CAI with the Pro-5R filter in stock. Last one they had! A few bucks more than the sale price I originally ordered from aFe, but I'll get it next week compared to mid September.
Probably Hamster-GT's return...LOL!

601 - 620 of 622 Posts