Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone installed the above referenced Injen intake on their 2020 Forte GT yet? A little hesitant to buy without hearing that it is a 100% fit. I understand it's the same engine, but want to ensure fitment is right in other places as well in the engine bay.

· Registered
32 Posts
Dont do it if it's the one the has the air filter just sitting under the hood. Not a true cold air intake. I posted it above because most companies will give you both options. Fitment should be exactly the same/ around the same that fitment of that will fit ez.
View attachment 79674
Veloster 1.6t ^

View attachment 79676
Forte GT.
Definitely missed the aFe listing above. Even if the intake piping had no problem since it's the same engine, don't you think the air box that holds the filter and brings the air in from the front of the vehicle would be slightly different on the Forte vs. Veloster?

· Registered
32 Posts
I Ordered This Yesterday.

Ive tried multiple times to order the CAI from AFE but cant get my order to go through. Im going to guess due to this virus ordering and shipping locations may not be fulfilled.
Nice! Let us know how you like the BOV!

And when I ordered from AFE it was back-ordered for ~2 weeks. Then "someone" called them with my order number and cancelled my order. So they made me reorder it from them. But it was during their St. Patrick's Day sale the second time so I saved an extra $20 from the first time I ordered it. Maybe give them a call and see if they can do it via phone? 844-876-9929 is their number.

· Registered
32 Posts
GT Fog light bulbs are 9006 correct? Going to replace them the same time my BOV comes in. Need to remove the full skid plate to install. Keep getting mixed numbers for them. Even at my work for look up.
The 2020 GT isn't on Sylvannia's site yet so I can't be 100% certain :rolleyes: What kind of bulbs are you going with? Let me know how the skid plate removal goes. Where do you work at?!

· Registered
32 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
For anyone with the aFe cold air intake, and also considering purchasing the Sxth Element Oil Catch Can, think again. The air box is a little too big unfortunately and hits the catch can. Also don't know how you'd run the lines from the catch can even if there was clearance. Going to see what Sxth recommends. I'll need a different bracket to install the catch can somewhere else. The alternative is taking the air box out, but the filter would be potentially bouncing around, plus that sort of eliminates the "cold air" part of the cold air intake. Anyone else have an oil catch can? Where'd you put it? I'm thinking passenger side near the strut mount.

· Registered
32 Posts
This could be the box for the Veloster Turbo II (2018-up). There isn't much risk in trying, the plugs are all the same and it's lowest settings are 2-3 psi over stock.

DTE, GAN, RaceChip all pretty much the same. The GAN was on sale ($547 US shipped) with bluetooth. I would have gotten one of these already but I am testing fuel. If you can gain power with better fuel and thus far that is a yes, then power will be higher once plug-in one of these boxes.

I don't think 50+whp out of ones these things is far-fetched at all.
I asked Race Chip if the Veloster II chip would work for the Forte GT and they said it would so I ended up going with the GTS chip with bluetooth. Had it for maybe 2 months now. Definitely a ton of fun. It comes with 7 different levels that you can change via the phone app. I have only played around with 1 - 5 so far. Living in Southern California, I can only easily get 91 octane so will have to wait for level 7 for when I buy some octane booster. The GTS also comes with 1 free re-programming so if I buy a new car (or they come out with a dedicated Forte GT tune) I can get that tune for free which is cool. I upgraded the plugs to HKS-M40XL and haven't had any issues. Waiting to install my oil catch can before I go to level 6 or 7 with the Race Chip.

· Registered
32 Posts
So SXTH put on a Evilla Cat Back Exhaust. What do you all here think about how far the tips extend out?
Not a fan honestly. I've been looking for a catback with no luck outside of Evilla or putting something custom together. I've been putting some pressure on ARK on Instragram because they had products for my 1st Gen Forte, but they didn't seem very receptive to the idea so I have a feeling they won't be developing one for the GT. I'm a big fan of their GRiP exhausts and have heard their relatively drone-free which was a big plus for me. I shall wait patiently.

· Registered
32 Posts
Begging and pleading with companies is not how you get things done.

Find 10 people who want Ark to build a cat-back for the car and willing to put up money, which will finance the R&D, making of jigs and welding

Plus Ark will need a car for test fitting, do you really expect them to go out and buy a Forte GT just for that?

I have a connection with Thermal R&D Exhaust a long time leader in high performance exhaust systems. I know the owner personally.

If you want an exhaust for the Forte GT. I can let him borrow my car to see what's possible and he'll give me an estimate of the cost of ten (or however many) units needed to be made to justify the investment.

Waiting for manufacturers to do it will have you waiting on the sidelines. The reason why Sxth and others make intercoolers because they know you are likely to buy one and even fudge data to show you how effective one would be.

The truth is, you don't need either. You don't need exhaust, just remove the stock muffler if you want it louder.
Thanks for your input. I don't know that begging and pleading would be accurate. And I live an hour away from ARK. They installed their springs on my first gen Forte. I did offer for them to use my GT for test fitting, but still didn't seem interested. I would be interested in the group buy from Thermal R&D, but obviously I am not 10 people so maybe when we hear of more interest from others. Appreciate the offer to talk to the owner!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts