Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1164 Posts

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
The 2020 GT isn't on Sylvannia's site yet so I can't be 100% certain :rolleyes: What kind of bulbs are you going with? Let me know how the skid plate removal goes. Where do you work at?!
The bulbs are listed in the owner's manual. I just recently swapped yellow led bulbs 9006.

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
Anyone installing a aftermarket BOV its highly recommended to purchase MAC BOV SOLENOID UPGRADE. This will eliminate issues with aftermarket BOVs. MAC BOV Solenoid Upgrade for turbocharged Kia and Hyundai vehicles. Doesn't have to be from this company but its alrdy set up for you to plug and play that's why its that price. Im getting my replacement BOV tomorrow and ordered the MAC solenoid as well. Im also thinking to install a boost gauge while im doing all this. Still no info on boost numbers to be found. So once everything gets shipped and installed ill update information.
How long did it take for your ECU to throw a CEL? I have been using an aftermarket diverter valve for a few weeks, but I'm recirculated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
MAC valve is a much faster operating valve that will help eliminate fluttering and allow for a crisper release of your blow-off valve. These flow more and allow for higher boost pressures than stock. The MAC 35 series is a direct solenoid operated 3-way poppet valve. It features a short stroke solenoid, a balanced poppet and powerful return spring. These features translate into high shifting forces, fast consistent response times, and long life. Our unique balanced design means versatility in piping. Straight from the information on the site. Kinda a must if going with a aftermarket BOV. The BOV failure didn't not throw any CEL when it dumping boost do failure of the piston in the open position. It probably won't either.
Good to know. I guess the Elantra Sport guy advocate the MAC valve because they have experienced CEL with an aftermarket BOV. They seem to have a liking to HKS SSQV BOV.

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
all that stuff can be removed and some of it carried over. Regardless, you would be taking a hit. Kia's dont have good resale or trade in value. you can do the swap and perhaps maybe save money, which i doubt considering how many swaps i have seen in the past 30 years. they always go over budget. upgrading to a GT will at least give you a warranty, which a swap will not.

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
View attachment 80413

So SXTH put on a Evilla Cat Back Exhaust. What do you all here think about how far the tips extend out?
I don't like the tips. If he did OEM looking tips or bigger versions like Audi RS style, I would have got the muffler, too. The round tips look out of place. Perfect for the Hyundai cars with the 1.6 turbo.

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
With all SXTH Element's experience on air flow I don't understand why they designed it like that. Probably to keep the sound down and maybe to get it CARB legal?
I don't think they would want the hassle of getting certified. If companies like K&N basically quit trying, i doubt they would try to get their intake 50 state legal. And if the projected pricing is $400, i would think it would be a $500 plus for a CARB legal one. No thanks.

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
Finally installed the cosmo racing short shifter and custom made raceseng shift knob. Love it. No more clunky plastic feeling shifts, it's not crazy short which is good. I didn't want it super short. Just the factory shifter felt like a ford ranger. The throws were way too long for a sport sedan.

Excuse the dirt, needs to be detailed. And ignore the cigarettes I don't smoke in it
View attachment 82236 View attachment 82237
Looks great! I just wish there was a slightly higher shifter height than stock. I find it a bit too short.

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
Does X-Force not make a Axle aBack exhaust like Evilla does? I don't want to do a Cat Back as I'm just looking for something with more of a deeper and louder sound.
Kinda sucks that prefab exhaust system are very limited in choices and availability. I want an axle-back, too, but I am looking into an exhaust shop with mandrel bending capabilities and getting one made to my liking. It seems our cars are flying low under the radar to be noticed by the aftermarket.

1 - 20 of 1164 Posts