Kia Forte Forum banner
641 - 660 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT 6MT Gravity Grey
121 Posts
I’ve been looking to buy the Velossa big mouth but are there any “noticeable gains in HP or MPG? Genuinely asking

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
I’ve been looking to buy the Velossa big mouth but are there any “noticeable gains in HP or MPG? Genuinely asking
I think it makes a big difference and here's why:

I have the aFe Tekada Stage 2 intake and the Velossa Big Mouth scoop. The Tekada Stage 2 is open on the top and my hood insulator is getting coated in dust because the air coming in from the Velossa scoop is pressurizing the Tekada Stage 2 intake. The hood insulator did not get "dusted" when I had just the Tekada Stage 2 intake and the factory plate.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 · (Edited)
Here today we have dyno results from a fellow Kia Forte GT owner. JB4 93 octane Map 2 full bolt on compared to N75 Motorsports 93 tune full bolt on. No water/meth injection and no E mixtures.

JB4:

N75 Motorsports 93 tune:

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #651 ·
OLS, Had a quick question do you have a link or how you did the red Lip on the front of the car. I found a few others but my google fu apparently yields me no results. Thanks RS
I bought the material from Amazon, cleaned the lip, cut the length/width needed and carefully applied with vinyl tools.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
244 Posts
It’s because of the speed rating of the tires on the 2.0 cars. I’m not sure how to take it off. I’m sure you could talk to a tuner and get some input

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
244 Posts
Also, even with less power loss on my car having a manual, the 2.0 gets really slow over like 110. And it starts getting floaty up there too. I wouldn’t take mine past like 115, at least stock. The BC Racing coilovers must be a hell of an improvement if you feel comfortable pushing the top speed envelope

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanna shout out Olzsewski for starting this discussion and EVERYBODY else in here. I’m nowhere near as car savvy as y’all. I wish I knew half the stuff y’all be talking about. But nonetheless I love to listen and see the mods y’all make. I even ordered a Takeda Cai & Velossa big mouth as well as the racechip (jb4 and WMI started sounding complicated). I just hope I can install them without any issues.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Just wanna shout out Olzsewski for starting this discussion and EVERYBODY else in here. I’m nowhere near as car savvy as y’all. I wish I knew half the stuff y’all be talking about. But nonetheless I love to listen and see the mods y’all make. I even ordered a Takeda Cai & Velossa big mouth as well as the racechip (jb4 and WMI started sounding complicated). I just hope I can install them without any issues. View attachment 84038 View attachment 84039
Welcome to forteforums!

Olszewski has done a FINE JOB of helping us part with our money! :)

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Just wanna shout out Olzsewski for starting this discussion and EVERYBODY else in here. I’m nowhere near as car savvy as y’all. I wish I knew half the stuff y’all be talking about. But nonetheless I love to listen and see the mods y’all make. I even ordered a Takeda Cai & Velossa big mouth as well as the racechip (jb4 and WMI started sounding complicated). I just hope I can install them without any issues. View attachment 84038 View attachment 84039
Thank you for the shout out. 😎. Have fun with the car. 😃. Remember to replace your plugs when doing piggybacks or tunes. HKS M45XL.

641 - 660 of 721 Posts