Kia Forte Forum banner
661 - 680 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
@Olszewski that pic just reminded me that I have that Hood Deflector I need to install lol.

I have the KIA factory one like you. Any tips for install other than what instructions say or show? Just worried about scuffing from it rubbing or those clear pads under the clips on the hood causing issues down the road.

But I need to get it on as to keep the road chips to a minimum lol

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #666 ·
@Olszewski that pic just reminded me that I have that Hood Deflector I need to install lol.

I have the KIA factory one like you. Any tips for install other than what instructions say or show? Just worried about scuffing from it rubbing or those clear pads under the clips on the hood causing issues down the road.

But I need to get it on as to keep the road chips to a minimum lol
Install was easy. Use a washable marker to mark. So far no rubbing issues.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 · (Edited)
Throttle body upgrade and coolant bypass.
Better top and reduced IAT by around 10 degrees.
What you will need:

JDMSPEED New Throttle Body Replacement For Hyundai Elantra Tucson Kia Forte Soul 35100-2E000 Amazon.com: JDMSPEED New Throttle Body Replacement For Hyundai Elantra Tucson Kia Forte Soul 35100-2E000 : Automotive

Metaland Brass 1/2" Hose Barb Elbow 90 Degree L Right Angle Barbed Fitting Water Fuel Air (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZXXNHR...abc_6DQ1XVP466FFJGEK9908?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ronteix Universal 45 Degree ID 2.75 Inch To 2.25 Inch 4-Ply Elbow Reducer Silicone Hose Coupler(70mm-57mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V7BD941/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_GWZER1HWJ56EJPFHCGF2 (possible will work with stock cold pipe confirmed for SXTH cold pipe. Stock looking like you will need a 60 degree coupler.)

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys had a quick question if anyone can help so recently I installed Sxth’s Hot Pipe and also changed my blinkers to led lights and just today I noticed my car when I turned it on after I had just came home from driving and had it only sitting off for about 5 mins the temp gauge went all the way to red and after like 3 second it went back to normal temps. Just curious if either the lights or hot pipe would affect it at all or is that normal and I just never realized it ?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Hey guys had a quick question if anyone can help so recently I installed Sxth’s Hot Pipe and also changed my blinkers to led lights and just today I noticed my car when I turned it on after I had just came home from driving and had it only sitting off for about 5 mins the temp gauge went all the way to red and after like 3 second it went back to normal temps. Just curious if either the lights or hot pipe would affect it at all or is that normal and I just never realized it ?

Normal for an engine to "HOT SOAK" when shut off - especially after a long high speed drive or "spirited" driving. That's why you'll occasionally hear your fan come on after driving that way and turning the car off - sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't...when it does it starts slow...then it will sound like the car is going to take off! LOL!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Normal for an engine to "HOT SOAK" when shut off - especially after a long high speed drive or "spirited" driving. That's why you'll occasionally hear your fan come on after driving that way and turning the car off - sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't...when it does it starts slow...then it will sound like the car is going to take off! LOL!
Thanks for the response brotha I actually found online that the led lights I got from Lasfit are not compatible with my 2020 model so it will mess with the computer and flash codes it said so I changed back to oem bulbs and will be testing the E Fans and temp gauge tomorrow after “spirited” driving 🤣

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Product Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Parallel

Thanks for the response brotha I actually found online that the led lights I got from Lasfit are not compatible with my 2020 model so it will mess with the computer and flash codes it said so I changed back to oem bulbs and will be testing the E Fans and temp gauge tomorrow after “spirited” driving 🤣
You've learned about LEDs that hard way - Like I did. :) The computer reads the wattage of each bulb and since the LED uses only a fraction of the wattage (like 1 watt Vs 55watts!) it thinks the bulb is out. CANbus bulbs can work as can LEDs with either built in resisters or in-line resisters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 84214

You've learned about LEDs that hard way - Like I did. :) The computer reads the wattage of each bulb and since the LED uses only a fraction of the wattage (like 1 watt Vs 55watts!) it thinks the bulb is out. CANbus bulbs can work as can LEDs with either built in resisters or in-line resisters.
Yupp lmao I went for that drive and came home and E Fans came right on and temp is back to being how it’s always been damn Led bulbs had me worried ! But all good now thanks for your help tho bro

·
Registered
238 Posts
FWIW this place has the Takeda Intakes in stock for now. This is where I ordered mine and they had more coming in from aFe than allocated to orders. Mine shipped yesterday!

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #675 ·
looking real clean! My lady and I just purchased a 2021 GT-Line. I wanted to ask you how hard was it t swap out the emblems and where you got them from? Also, the smoked out taillights, did you purchase them new or just had someone tint them basically? Or however it is that it’s done lol sorry, I’m new to this.
I did overlays.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Question for those who installed the aFe Takeda Intakes, did you disconnect the negative battery terminal as recommended in the instructions? Along with being safe, does that also help with clearing out any saved driving info so that you're starting "fresh out of the box" with any ECU adjustments and it can re-learn faster with the new intake?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Question for those who installed the aFe Takeda Intakes, did you disconnect the negative battery terminal as recommended in the instructions? Along with being safe, does that also help with clearing out any saved driving info so that you're starting "fresh out of the box" with any ECU adjustments and it can re-learn faster with the new intake?

Thanks!
I disconnected the negative battery terminal - always follow directions. These cars are all about electronics so it is best to be on the cautious side.

I don't believe the computer resets just by disconnecting the battery on modern cars - the diagnostics store information and it has to be cleared. Nearly every diagnostic in the service manual mentions clearing the codes with the KDS - none specify disconnecting the battery to clear anything.

Reactions: BlueStang

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Ok, that's what I figured...thanks. So you just drove it after installing and let it re-learn for the increased airflow?
Pretty much.
The ECM is always in a learn mode for your driving habits.

Reactions: BlueStang

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #680 ·

Thanks!
I disconnected the negative. Just a habit.

661 - 680 of 721 Posts