Kia Forte Forum banner
681 - 700 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Does X-Force not make a Axle aBack exhaust like Evilla does? I don't want to do a Cat Back as I'm just looking for something with more of a deeper and louder sound.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Does X-Force not make a Axle aBack exhaust like Evilla does? I don't want to do a Cat Back as I'm just looking for something with more of a deeper and louder sound.
The only listing on X-Force US for Fortes is their cat-back exhaust...no axle-back exhaust.

FYI...The X-Force exhaust is out of stock on both CarID and X-Force USA right now...:(

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
283 Posts
Kinda sucks that prefab exhaust system are very limited in choices and availability. I want an axle-back, too, but I am looking into an exhaust shop with mandrel bending capabilities and getting one made to my liking. It seems our cars are flying low under the radar to be noticed by the aftermarket.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Kinda sucks that prefab exhaust system are very limited in choices and availability. I want an axle-back, too, but I am looking into an exhaust shop with mandrel bending capabilities and getting one made to my liking. It seems our cars are flying low under the radar to be noticed by the aftermarket.
Sign of the times, unfortunately! If this had been "pre-COVID Crap" there would be all kinds of offerings.

·
Registered
238 Posts
CORSA Performance is about 15 minutes from my workplace. I emailed them last month about exhaust systems for our cars and offered to let them have my car for fitting and testing purposes. They were not interested lol.

In the meantime, I finally received my aFe Takeda Stage 2 from JM Auto Racing. One of the few places that would give me an honest answer about their stock allocation and delivery. Great customer service and they updated their website within minutes of me letting them know about the Forte GT compatibility.

Installed it last night...

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive air manifold

You guys have that plug in the hole on the side or did you leave it off. I have it off for now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
CORSA Performance is about 15 minutes from my workplace. I emailed them last month about exhaust systems for our cars and offered to let them have my car for fitting and testing purposes. They were not interested lol.

In the meantime, I finally received my aFe Takeda Stage 2 from JM Auto Racing. One of the few places that would give me an honest answer about their stock allocation and delivery. Great customer service and they updated their website within minutes of me letting them know about the Forte GT compatibility.

Installed it last night...

View attachment 84348

You guys have that plug in the hole on the side or did you leave it off. I have it off for now.
That is because Corsa tried to complete in the Sport Compact market before and weren't too successful at at it.

First with the Neon SRT-4. I give them credit for supporting US built import fighters but because of their long history with GM platforms there we're not trusted, not even among Caviler, HHR and Cobalt owners. Same with Flowmaster.

I can use my connections. I need (1) number of people, at least 10 with (2) money in-hand. The only other way stuff gets developed is an employee of a company will buy a Forte GT or Elantra Sport. That would become of interest to the R&D department looking for projects.

Logistics are a clear problem, so if you are interested be prepared to wait.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Aftermarket performance parts sales for Kias are historically low - the fact that the Hyundai Elantra shares our platform is helping us Kia owners tremendously.

In the past both Solo-Performance and Kinetic made exhausts for Kias but obviously the sales were so low they dropped providing performance parts altogether.

Solo-Performance provided quiet-to-LOUD exhausts on Amazon (@$499) for 1st Gen Forte sedans and Koups too...no longer available.

Kinetic raced Fortes and Optimas and tried to become the premier Kia performance shop - but that fizzled. I have the Kinetic exhaust on my wife's Optima - it retailed for more then $1,200 but I was able to win it off e-bay for $600 including shipping because no one was interested in it - NO BIDS!

Right now EVilla Motorsports and X-Force provide exhausts for our cars...if the sales go south we can count on them to stop making them. It's just good business sense.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Aftermarket performance parts sales for Kias are historically low - the fact that the Hyundai Elantra shares our platform is helping us Kia owners tremendously.

In the past both Solo-Performance and Kinetic made exhausts for Kias but obviously the sales were so low they dropped providing performance parts altogether.

Solo-Performance provided quiet-to-LOUD exhausts on Amazon (@$499) for 1st Gen Forte sedans and Koups too...no longer available.

Kinetic raced Fortes and Optimas and tried to become the premier Kia performance shop - but that fizzled. I have the Kinetic exhaust on my wife's Optima - it retailed for more then $1,200 but I was able to win it off e-bay for $600 including shipping because no one was interested in it - NO BIDS!

Right now EVilla Motorsports and X-Force provide exhausts for our cars...if the sales go south we can count on them to stop making them. It's just good business sense.
Kinetic was an actual race team that ran KIA's in SCCA World Challenge (Optima SX) and N/A Forte's Koups in Grand Am Continental Tire Endurance Series.

They tried to enter the consumer market for KIA's by offering some performance parts. But when KIA pulled the plug on their racing program the market for Optimas in general is very small because people buy them for commuter cars, they dropped making parts.

I can back that up by looking at how many Optima sales when broken out are SX sales. Even now I see more K5 GT-Lines in the wild than I do K5 GT's because I am out working driving my car on city streets, in normal traffic, sometimes high volume known as drive home traffic.

I see plenty of K5's not many GT's. That is because we are the 2-4% of the total Automotive market. You really have to put this in perspective.

People don't know the Elantra N-Line exist or wonder why it cost maybe more than a medium optioned Elantra but less than the heavily optioned Elantra. Even the Sonata N-Line suffers from not having the same luxury options as the SEL version.

Once I asked a guy who had recently bought the standard Elantra GT Hatchback know there was a N-Line turbocharged version of it and he said no.

Some might want to blame the automakers. I am not sure if they talked it up that it would increase sales. Some people want horsepower but aren't willing to pay for it. Others believe GT means harsher ride quality, sometimes it does. In the Forte GT defense it's not that much worse than the standard car actually, I would say because of the multi-link rear suspension it rides over uneven pavement even better than the torsion bar car does.

It really depends on lots of things.

My father was known as GTO Tom up in the Bay Area. He was well known for his Tri-powered GTO. He used to street race and go to Fremont Drag Strip when it was open. When he married my mother he traded it-in for a new 1970 Firebird 400 which was the lower end version of the Trans Am much like the Road Runner was the cheaper version of the Hemi Charger.

He continued to street race, was even chased home by San Jose PD one night...

Anyway he and my uncle who had a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 with the 428 CJ, Shaker Hood, Trac-Lok 3.17 gears and real US Mag Magnesium wheels are who really put me on the path I'm on. Starting with Tyco slot car sets, SST air cars and motorcycles, 24 hrs of Le Mans bed set and Hot Wheels. I used to get up at 6 am to watch Speed Racer.

If you didn't grow up in this environment, the chances of you knowing there's a performance version of the car you drive is nill.

People lamented that the SRT-4 looked to much like a standard Neon and lots of people used that to their advantage...

I say all this to say that, begging companies to make you products doesn't work. I know this from working with the standard 1st gen Neon. I am not saying I am responsible for it's aftermarket but I did contribute to it.

You need to take your hands out of your pocket and make sure there's money in it. I don't have a problem with the exhaust parts that are available, however they aren't well known brands such as Borla or Magnaflow or even Greddy.

Borla makes a cat-back system for the Veloster. There are two ways that happen. 1) One of the companies that builds show cars for SEMA needed a exhaust and asked Borla to make them a one-off unit. 2) One of the company employees had a Veloster.

The RaceChip, DTE, JB4 all work on other vehicles reducing their cost. Flash tuning should be nowhere near the cost of these things, but they are. shameful.

I am at 260+ whp with only a JB4 and WMI, with the bottle once I get the ignition issues sorted out should hit 300+ quite easily.

I also competed in Rocky Mountain Race Week 2.0, so the durability of the car should not be questioned ever again.

All we really need is a true bolt-on turbo upgrade, not reworked stock parts or tubular manifolds they don't hold up like their cast iron counterparts.

Other than that, more people out there showing what the car can do in lawful places and that will get the attention of the aftermarket.

It might even get an influencer like TJ Hunt to even buy one. That is the kind of attention you want, if you want parts built without asking.

Hondas were not the car of performance in Japan. They had a small cult like following in Japan. If you wanted performance you got a WRX, 86 or FTO. If you could afford it you got an EVO, STi, GTS, GTR, Supra or 3000 GT. Among the FWD cars, the Honda was known for being light with a rev happy engine. While we never got the D16/B16 powered EF or EG Civics eventually we did, but that wasn't until the Honda drag racing scene was well established.

Subaru taking a chance by domesticating the WRX for US consumption. That open the floodgates for all the other cars and we continue to benefit from that even with the Forte GT because without that, the brass at KIA may have thought this market doesn't need a car like this or the Veloster N for that matter. But Beerman knows you and me will talk up the KIA brand in causal circles.

They know they will only sell about 10,000 GT's a year. For that we give them free marketing. Same with the K5 GT, they run ads for that (continue to) because they are comparing it to the lower end of the BMW 5 series.

While the Forte GT got it's own ad don't expect much more. The Focus ST got ONE ad, the SRT-4 got one ad. Even Honda only talks about the Si or Type R with certain demographics. The Si and Type R appear during Indycar races and connect it to their vast racing heritage.

The general population is not interested in this and would opt to buy a faster car anyway like a Corvette or truck (witness TRX and Raptor sales)

That is why we are 2-4% of the market....

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
283 Posts
Hi all. Hope Everyone is doing well. Fine tuning WMI system today. Still waiting on my Wagner Intercooler. Will try to upload a video or video link of a decent pull when i can. 😎.
Did you order from Wagner or a retailer for the intercooler?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Olszewski, do you have an intercooler delivery date?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
LATEST INFORMATION ABOUT THE SXTH ELEMENT AXLE-BACK EXHAUST:

They are on hold awaiting parts to start welding them together.

The SXTH Element axle back exhaust will (at this time) be a straight pipe - muffler delete version only.

With Quad Tips.

681 - 700 of 721 Posts