Kia Forte Forum banner
741 - 760 of 787 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT2 Aurora Black Pearl
40 Posts
Not real sure what happened there..

I can’t agree more! The factory ones came on my car and the gt line I had before didn’t have any, I notice no difference..
I’d say a waste of money for anyone looking to purchase them and I’m sure you’d agree.
Already came installed on my car. Didn’t bother haggling with the dealer to take them off. Looks like I’ll be grabbing these soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently got a 2021 Forte base model.

1. It was cheaper
2. It has the 2.0L so if I do decide to put a turbo on it I'll already have a larger engine (Id really like to look into twin charging it)

I just mostly see things advertised as for the GT model. But does anyone know how much would work for both. Like are the bodies similar enough that GT body kits would work on the base model. And since i have the 2021 model would 2019 or 2020 kits work on them.

·
Registered
309 Posts

1. It was cheaper
2. It has the 2.0L so if I do decide to put a turbo on it I'll already have a larger engine (Id really like to look into twin charging it)

I just mostly see things advertised as for the GT model. But does anyone know how much would work for both. Like are the bodies similar enough that GT body kits would work on the base model. And since i have the 2021 model would 2019 or 2020 kits work on them.
How on earth are you going to twin charge it? All that work when you could be driving one of the many supercharged and turbocharged FWD cars that are cheap and make excellent project cars.

Of course the FE is cheaper and how would you turbocharge the 2.0L and think it would be better?

The best thing to do is turn back around and tell the dealer you made a mistake and that you wanted the GT instead. If cost was the reason.

A) Shop for a better interest rate
B) Shop for a better price on the GT

Finally since you are talking body kits, I know what kind of "enthusiast" you are which isn't too serious and everything you said is way above your pay grade.

Tubular turbo manifold = $400
Garrett Entry Level Turbo (300 hp) =$700

Beyond that I won't tell you how to turbocharge your car, get some books and start reading.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #746 ·

1. It was cheaper

Not worth it TBH. Would cost you more than you think. GT has a Dual clutch transmission or manual option. The suspension is also different. Twin turbo on it again not realistic. Its not just hey ill slap on a turbocharger on it and go.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not worth it TBH. Would cost you more than you think. GT has a Dual clutch transmission or manual option. The suspension is also different. Twin turbo on it again not realistic. Its not just hey ill slap on a turbocharger on it and go.
He said Twin Charge, he means running a supercharger and a turbocharger together. That is what I have planned for my Cobalt SS Supercharged. The hard part is fabbing up how to run a supercharger. The easy thing to do is buy a car that is supercharged already.

Google Eclipse Twincharged and there was a guy that fabed up an Eaton supercharger onto his Eclipse or Talon turbo.

People have done it, with off the shelf kits for the Integra and Civic, so it's more than possible. People say it's not worth doing haven't done it.

Instant throttle response, zero turbo lag, turbo comes on 1000 rpm or more sooner than without it.

Wouldn't do it to the Forte GT, there isn't much lag and for what lag there is, hit with nitrous much cheaper.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #748 ·
He said Twin Charge, he means running a supercharger and a turbocharger together. That is what I have planned for my Cobalt SS Supercharged. The hard part is fabbing up how to run a supercharger. The easy thing to do is buy a car that is supercharged already.

Google Eclipse Twincharged and there was a guy that fabed up an Eaton supercharger onto his Eclipse or Talon turbo.

People have done it, with off the shelf kits for the Integra and Civic, so it's more than possible. People say it's not worth doing haven't done it.

Instant throttle response, zero turbo lag, turbo comes on 1000 rpm or more sooner than without it.

Wouldn't do it to the Forte GT, there isn't much lag and for what lag there is, hit with nitrous much cheaper.
Agreed. Yes i missed read that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How on earth are you going to twin charge it? All that work when you could be driving one of the many supercharged and turbocharged FWD cars that are cheap and make excellent project cars.

Of course the FE is cheaper and how would you turbocharge the 2.0L and think it would be better?

The best thing to do is turn back around and tell the dealer you made a mistake and that you wanted the GT instead. If cost was the reason.

A) Shop for a better interest rate
B) Shop for a better price on the GT

Finally since you are talking body kits, I know what kind of "enthusiast" you are which isn't too serious and everything you said is way above your pay grade.

Tubular turbo manifold = $400
Garrett Entry Level Turbo (300 hp) =$700

Beyond that I won't tell you how to turbocharge your car, get some books and start reading.
Maybe u missed the part where i said "if i decide to turbo it".

Do u know how engines work? Do u know what twin charging is? Because u can fit more fuel and oxygen in a 2.0L than a 1.6L

Also I dont plan on doing any performance mods for a while so I can enjoy my 2 years of free maintenance, 10 year bumper to bumper warranty, and lifetime powertrain warranty. Cosmetic mods arent going to void those. So since u think thats all above my pay grade i think i can save enough pennies over the next 5 years to maybe put a sticker or something on the car to add like 5HP lol.

And im getting around 40MPG so im in no hurry to waste more money at the pump with how gas prices are right now and news of another pipeline maybe getting shut down.

Thanks for ur reply have a nice day and safe driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
maybe i should add i have the 6 speed FE. I know modern automatics have amazing shift times but unless its a caddy with the gear selector on the column i dont want it. Im not trying to race im just trying to have fun and enjoy my ride.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #751 ·

Do u know how engines work? Do u know what twin charging is? Because u can fit more fuel and oxygen in a 2.0L than a 1.6L

Also I dont plan on doing any performance mods for a while so I can enjoy my 2 years of free maintenance, 10 year bumper to bumper warranty, and lifetime powertrain warranty. Cosmetic mods arent going to void those. So since u think thats all above my pay grade i think i can save enough pennies over the next 5 years to maybe put a sticker or something on the car to add like 5HP lol.

And im getting around 40MPG so im in no hurry to waste more money at the pump with how gas prices are right now and news of another pipeline maybe getting shut down.

If u did decided to turbo it in 2 years. You are better off trading it for something better like at GT or another platform. Waste of money on a base FE and its current transmission in it. 2 years something else will be better. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If u did decided to turbo it in 2 years. You are better off trading it for something better like at GT or another platform. Waste of money on a base FE and its current transmission in it. 2 years something else will be better. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️.
i hear ya but i like my vehicles to be my own rather than what the manufacturer builds. and id rather start by starting at the bottom than having to undo the frills of a higher trim level.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #753 ·
i hear ya but i like to my vehicles be my own rather than what the manufacturer builds. and id rather start by starting at the bottom than having to undo the frills of a higher trim level.
Well i got my GT for under 23k. My opinion of course i wouldn't choose a base FE to build. I do hear your opinion and best of luck with the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well i got my GT for under 23k. My opinion of course i wouldn't choose a base FE to build. I do hear your opinion and best of luck with the car.
thanks. all this got me wanting to go cruise. like i said i just want to enjoy the ride not race it. but id still like it to look nice. like i think from the front it looks decent but the sides i think could use some work and the back. just stuff to make it look nice. but one performance mod that will be hard for me to wait on is i need to replace these dinky 15 inch steelies. and the suspension. its all fine at 100mph until u hit a dip or something and its like no baby ur a car not a plane stay where u belong lol. its way too floaty.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,114 Posts
thanks. all this got me wanting to go cruise. like i said i just want to enjoy the ride not race it. but id still like it to look nice. like i think from the front it looks decent but the sides i think could use some work and the back. just stuff to make it look nice. but one performance mod that will be hard for me to wait on is i need to replace these dinky 15 inch steelies. and the suspension. its all fine at 100mph until u hit a dip or something and its like no baby ur a car not a plane stay where u belong lol. its way too floaty.
jbatw, you contradict yourself.

Reactions: AThomas

·
Registered
309 Posts

Yes I know how engines work, I worked on and rebuilt several engines.

I also know what twin charging is because I have researched it for over a decade, talked to people who have done it and will start on my Cobalt SS Supercharged soon. It is much easier to start with a car that is already supercharged since you don't have to figure out how to cool the compressed air, nor how to run the pulley without deleting things like A/C or relocating things that are in the way.

My Forte GT manual has an extended warranty, go find my thread. My GT has run [email protected] in the 1/4 with three mods, none of them to the engine itself or replacing anything but the stock suspension springs for shorter/lowering springs.

There is nothing on my car that will void my warranty, the dealer knows.

The Forte regularly gets over 40+ mpg with as much as 40% E85 in the tank, usually 410-415 miles to empty which isn't quite that about 1.5 gallons left. I average 21-26 mpg in the city and 30-31 mpg mixed driving which I do regularly as I deliver for Instacart.

Car just clicked over 51K.

One more time, turn around and go get a GT, enjoy it with it's warranty instead of waiting five years or whatever for your warranty to run out.

This is sound advice, making a slow car fast is expensive. Easiest thing to do, add a nitrous oxide kit, add 50 hp and enjoy it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
u just misunderstood. cruising on the interstate at night and realizing ur doing 100 isnt racing.
It's also unsafe and illegal. A good way to increase your insurance rates as well.

My GT hits 100 mph way before yours does. In-fact by the time you reach 100 mph, I would be doing 120-130 mph.

Starting with a bottom line Forte isn't the same as starting with a Honda Civic DX, ditching the D motor for a B or a K. These cars don't have that sort of support (1) and (2) you don't have all the creature comforts that make the car enjoyable to drive long distances.

Clearly math challenged. Time no matter how young you are is not a free commodity. By the time you did the research to turbocharge your car, I don't care how many pennies you have saved you will have underestimated it's cost by a healthy amount. Even if you choose to buy a bunch of low quality parts from China, you still don't know what do when you hit 15 psi on the stock map sensor.

It won't be any faster than a GT with the same level of modification. By the time it was reliable enough to drive daily without pulling off the side of the road, you could enjoy the GT.

The Forte GT is easily a 12 second car with the stock turbo and nothing more than traction and a good tune.

Respect your elders.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
I have a base FE with the six speed manual, which I’m beginning to build. That said, if you want basically any respectable straight line speed, give up on your base model and get a GT. I’m a big fan of momentum cars, which is why I love my FE. For engine mods, all I plan is a CAI. Maybe an exhaust if I get bored of that. I’m doing all chassis mods for my “build”. I personally love the NA powerband and simplicity, so the FE is perfect for me. There are a lot of tight twisty roads where I am, so having a slow car that handles really well while still being comfy is perfect. If your goal is also straight line speed, get a GT. It has better suspension geometry anyway. I’m happy with my car, but if you want more speed than an extra 15 or so hp will give you (CAI and exhaust), get a GT instead. It’ll be way easier and much cheaper to make fast

741 - 760 of 787 Posts