Kia Forte Forum banner
861 - 880 of 925 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
171 Posts
Yeap, that was exactly what I found.
Hi. I just ordered the new mods for my 2021 GT + GT2:

1. XForce CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH VAREX (Panda Motorworks)
2. aFe Takeda Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System (Panda Motorworks)
3. Already have the POWER STOP Brake Pads Z231594, Z232035 (RockAuto)

Question, what should be the part number or description for the replacement filter element in the Takeda CAI?

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Many thanks!

Today I received a message from Panda Motorswork, which I am kind of waiting for it. They told me that their website miscalculated the shipping cost. Now they are asking for a $330 additional shipping cost. For the moment, the project is on hold although I already found the exhaust system in Summit Racing Equipment at a better price including the shipping but they didn't have the CAI in stock. So I'm waiting for the order cancellation and will get the CAI from Panda and the cat-back from Summit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Many thanks!

Today I received a message from Panda Motorswork, which I am kind of waiting for it. They told me that their website miscalculated the shipping cost. Now they are asking for a $330 additional shipping cost. For the moment, the project is on hold although I already found the exhaust system in Summit Racing Equipment at a better price including the shipping but they didn't have the CAI in stock. So I'm waiting for the order cancellation and will get the CAI from Panda and the cat-back from Summit.
The first batch got in today. Cat-Back-Exhaust.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Asphalt Motor vehicle Road surface

Packing materials Shipping box Fluid Motor vehicle Package delivery

aFe Takeda Stage-2 Cold Air Intake is arriving this Friday.
Product Font Auto part Output device Automotive design

·
Registered
171 Posts
View attachment 86242
View attachment 86243

View attachment 86244
I should have made this question before getting these mods, but ... Is programming modification a "must" with these new add-ons? I already have the "Race-Chip GTS". I understand the GTS cannot be tuned besides its 7 sets. I really didn't want to mess with the ECU programming.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I should have made this question before getting these mods, but ... Is programming modification a "must" with these new add-ons? I already have the "Race-Chip GTS". I understand the GTS cannot be tuned besides its 7 sets. I really didn't want to mess with the ECU programming.
The car will adjust by itself. It only impacts what happens at WOT.

That said a freer exhaust but the stock isn't that restrictive to start with that is why gains are small (10-15 hp) not good on ROI, more for sounds.

Anyway, intake and exhaust may cause the ECU to add more fuel. As it is, alone it will add more fuel but I don't know at what point that happens.

That is why logging is important, download the Torque Pro app assuming you have a Android phone, cost $5.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The car will adjust by itself. It only impacts what happens at WOT.

That said a freer exhaust but the stock isn't that restrictive to start with that is why gains are small (10-15 hp) not good on ROI, more for sounds.

Anyway, intake and exhaust may cause the ECU to add more fuel. As it is, alone it will add more fuel but I don't know at what point that happens.

That is why logging is important, download the Torque Pro app assuming you have a Android phone, cost $5.
Thanks for the suggestion. I do have an Android. I will find it out. (y)

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
730 Posts
Hey there, was wondering if any of the Elantra intakes would work on a 21 forte 2.0L? Also, what other exhausts are out there for the 2.0L other than the Evilla Motorsports and the Borla?
That's about it for exhausts unless you wanna take it to an exhaust shop. And yeah, the previous gen Elantra (AD chassis) 2.0 intakes should work. They just need a space for the MAF sensor - some of those cars used a MAP sensor on that engine, so you have to check. I know AEM makes one for the Forte 2.0L. I think there might be a couple more that fit, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: ForteGT2

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,207 Posts
Hey there, was wondering if any of the Elantra intakes would work on a 21 forte 2.0L? Also, what other exhausts are out there for the 2.0L other than the Evilla Motorsports and the Borla?
Be aware that you need an intake made to include the MAF sensor (MAF sensor next to your filter box). The Elantras with 2.0L do have other intakes available (aFe Power, for example) but they won't work unless you fabricate a way to install your MAF sensor the way the AEM intake does.

Will NOT fit your (2019-2022) 2.0L Forte:

Font Material property Screenshot Gadget Magenta

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,207 Posts
Will Fit your (2019-2022) 2.0L Forte:

Font Screenshot Material property Software Automotive lighting

Your original MAF sensor is actually what the AEM filter mounts to! See instructions on AEM website:

Photograph Light Black Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
171 Posts
View attachment 86242
View attachment 86243

View attachment 86244
xForce Cat-back:

I was waiting for a dual-tip, but this is what I got... strange :cautious::unsure:

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Headlamp Automotive exterior

Installation started:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Problem!!!!
Not enough pipe, not the right angle.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I wanted the blue Porsche, they said NO!

Vehicle Automotive parking light Tire Automotive lighting Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Muffler shop had to cut the pip and straighten the angle. Add about 12 inches of new pipe.
Thankfully, the final product worked well. :D(y)

Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

CAI, installed with no problem:
Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

I'm a happy camper Butt torque meter said it gain power. Must verify in Dyno.

Tuning the cat-back on-off works great. When closed, my wife won't tell the difference. When open... OH !!! Sounds G R E A T !

Videos with sound coming next.

Thank all who gave me insights.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
xForce Cat-back:

Problem!!!!
Not enough pipe, not the right angle.

View attachment 86392

Muffler shop had to cut the pip and straighten the angle. Add about 12 inches of new pipe.
Thankfully, the final product worked well. :D(y)

View attachment 86390
I think you got the exhaust for a Forte5 GT!!!! The tail pipes are shorter on the Forte5.

Sink Tap Plumbing fixture Gas Composite material

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cat-back. Before and after:
I think you got the exhaust for a Forte5 GT!!!! The tail pipes are shorter on the Forte5.

View attachment 86449
ForteGT2 Thanks for your note. In my research, I got to both pictures. I never noticed the length of the pipe from the muffler to the tips, but it was definitely the xForce.

I do not know if it was for the Forte5 or not because the site didn't specify such a distinction. What I received was not for my car that's for sure. Luckily I was able to fix it for $100. This is what I bought searching by car, year, and model from Summit Racing Equipment
Product Font Rectangle Aircraft Screenshot

This was my other alternative, but the shipping cost was double of Summit. Yes, I tried to save some $$, but even when I had to spend an additional $100 to fix the system it was still $100 cheaper including shipping. So, I'm happy anyway.
Font Line Screenshot Tool Auto part

I love the VAREX system. Some marketing videos claim that closing the valve will sound milder than the stock. In my opinion, it is not. Nevertheless, I'm satisfied with the sound. I make sure it is close every time I come home just in case my wife uses the car. She is the complete opposite of what I like in a car. 😊 When the valve is open, oh wow, it sounds wild!!! I love it !!!😍

I'm extremely meticulous when ordering anything, but in this case, I didn't make my homework well. Although I believed I aks for the right system. The pictures are a little misleading. I was expecting two dual tips but got two single tips. I believe this is what they sent me:
Product Eyelash Font Rectangle Screenshot

I will get my car to a dyno to verify how much performance I gained, although I've seen it shouldn't be that much. I do feel a difference.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I don't know why but the exhaust between Kia sedan and "5" doors are typically NOT the same. I found this out when my local Kia parts department accidentally sold me the exhaust for a 2006 Spectra5 and I tried to install it on a 2006 Spectra sedan. They got me the correct sedan exhaust...after I drove it to them to show them I wasn't crazy...

• Haha
Reactions: ZiggyM5
861 - 880 of 925 Posts