Kia Forte Forum banner
881 - 900 of 925 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
171 Posts
I got you. I have had those types of experiences before. Once I went to the dealer for an oil change, and I noticed that the oil in the stick was darker than it should be. The agent told me not to worry because the new oils were darker (I'm talking about a Cavalier Z24 1991). Back home, the engine was hesitating continuously. I rechecked the oil and found that the stick had oil marks about 4 times more than full. I went back and showed them the stick. After an investigation, they found that the oil was contaminated and was replaced. OF COURSE, IT WAS CONTAMINATED; IT HAD 4-5 ADDITIONAL QUARTS OF OIL. They didn't drain the used oil and put back the new oil. And several other experiences like this one. They do things like that, especially to women, but also try with inexperienced people.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The mods:

1. Cat-back: The sound ... If you pay attention you can hear a bit of metallic sound, which is the VAREX valve on and off.

a. Stock muffler:
20220318 175010 Trim 2

b. Fixing the Force pipes (adding about 12"):
Finished:

c. xForce closed and opened:

d. xForce opened:
20220325 204533

2. The Tekada CAI:
20220325 204735
20220325 193837

My next mod. Replace the stock brake pads. According to my mechanic, the ones ordered in RockAuto seem to be smaller. Asking RockAuto for an RMA is a full-time job. There are no real people to talk with.

I saw a gray Forte recently with all badges in mate black. I would try that.

I hope no one gets bored with my videos. :sleep::coffee::sneaky:

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT/MT currant red
37 Posts
Glad you said you got it from summit racing I was about to buy it from there. But now every where I look it shows the same picture as summit racing. Now I am afraid to buy it.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,208 Posts
Glad you said you got it from summit racing I was about to buy it from there. But now every where I look it shows the same picture as summit racing. Now I am afraid to buy it.
Try contacting them directly and make it clear that the forte5 and sedan are not the same.

This is an example using the 2018 Forte sedan Vs Forte5:

Product Rectangle Font Slope Line

Since Kia USA doesn't sell a 2019-2022 Forte5 I can't get the differences between them.

Reactions: ZiggyM5

·
Registered
171 Posts
As far as can see, PandaMotors have the correct model for our cars (Kia Forte GT 2019+). In my case, the fix was not that bad. In the future, I may go for two dual tips. I like it more with the four tips. What I can say, is the sound is just beautiful.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,208 Posts
Arith's picture, Hatch on top Sedan on bottom:

Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Bicycle part Nickel

Reactions: ZiggyM5

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I want install the exhaust myself using ramps . How tall should the ramps be?
I used el-cheapo ramps from auto zone - I think they're 10" high

Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille Car

·
Registered
171 Posts
The fact that the PNs are not the same doesn't mean they won't fit - notice the design difference - 1 slot on Kia pads Vs 2 slots on Hyundai pads:

NOTICE the picture on the Kia box and the actual pad...?!?!

View attachment 85952

View attachment 85953
So, going back to performance breaks issues. I bit the bullet and jumped to get the PowerStop Z23-2035 front and Z23-1594 rear from RockAuto. They should work. I also got the same result on eBay. Using their tool, this is what I found:

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Triangle

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Electronic device

Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

However, they are not compatible for a couple of minor details:

Front difference:
Automotive tire Grey Bumper Fender Synthetic rubber

They cannot fit at all. I started a return with RockAuto going question after question at their site, and end up telling me that since I did get the right part for my car and because the problem "might" be with the manufacturer, then ist just fair that we split the loss and I have to pay for the shipping back. I didn't have the pictures; I couldn't finish the return. They do not have any humans to ask for customer service. One MUST use their application; by the way, it is excellent, although it takes forever to answer all the possible questions to determine whether they will or will not accept the return. By the time I went to another mechanic and got the pictures, my time to request a return had expired.

Rear difference:
Automotive tire Tire Wood Bumper Rim

The tiny holes on the rear pads are for a thin clip that, according to the mechanic, helps keep the pads away from the rotor when not in use. I let him install them. He told me that it was so minimal that I can use them anyway. Even when my car now has only the rear pads, I found a difference in braking. I believe these are excellent pads for our GTs if they could fit.

Now I'm stuck with a set of front brake pads. If anyone has a Hyundai Elantra GT, this can be of value. I do have another theory, and maybe if someone takes their pads out for replacement, these may fit on your car. I honestly find it difficult to believe that PowerStop has this problem in ALL their pads for the Forte GT. Another theory is that these pads are meant to be used with their calipers and not the originals.

Sooooo, a WARNING, be aware of these tiny details if anyone wants to install the PowerStop Z23 pads in their GT.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
So, going back to performance breaks issues. I bit the bullet and jumped to get the PowerStop Z23-2035 front and Z23-1594 rear from RockAuto. They should work. I also got the same result on eBay. Using their tool, this is what I found:

View attachment 86717
View attachment 86718

View attachment 86719
View attachment 86720

Front difference:
View attachment 86722

They cannot fit at all. I started a return with RockAuto going question after question at their site, and end up telling me that since I did get the right part for my car and because the problem "might" be with the manufacturer, then ist just fair that we split the loss and I have to pay for the shipping back. I didn't have the pictures; I couldn't finish the return. They do not have any humans to ask for customer service. One MUST use their application; by the way, it is excellent, although it takes forever to answer all the possible questions to determine whether they will or will not accept the return. By the time I went to another mechanic and got the pictures, my time to request a return had expired.

Rear difference:
View attachment 86723

The tiny holes on the rear pads are for a thin clip that, according to the mechanic, helps keep the pads away from the rotor when not in use. I let him install them. He told me that it was so minimal that I can use them anyway. Even when my car now has only the rear pads, I found a difference in braking. I believe these are excellent pads for our GTs if they could fit.

Now I'm stuck with a set of front brake pads. If anyone has a Hyundai Elantra GT, this can be of value. I do have another theory, and maybe if someone takes their pads out for replacement, these may fit on your car. I honestly find it difficult to believe that PowerStop has this problem in ALL their pads for the Forte GT. Another theory is that these pads are meant to be used with their calipers and not the originals.

Sooooo, a WARNING, be aware of these tiny details if anyone wants to install the PowerStop Z23 pads in their GT.

Cheers!
If you look closely at the picture of the Hyundai brake pads they are concave on the bottom like the Kia brake pads - but the Powerstop brake pads do not have the concave bottom section. Seems like that would hit the rotor.

Automotive tire Grey Synthetic rubber Audio equipment Tread

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
447 Posts

View attachment 86717
View attachment 86718

View attachment 86719
View attachment 86720

Front difference:
View attachment 86722

Rear difference:
View attachment 86723

Cheers!
Perhaps you should try the brake pads from a 17-19 Elantra Sport. The Elantra GT Sport/N-Line have an electronic parking brake. The Elantra Sport has a manual parking brake. The Elantra GT has a slightly bigger rear disc, too.

881 - 900 of 925 Posts