Kia Forte Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1006 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
Would you believe they followed me to the JB4 Hyundai/Kia Facebook Group? Every time I post something about improving the WMI system on some of the Stingers on there or anything in general, Kyle, Jason Caton and some other nutcase ask "Where are the 251whp dyno sheets". Same reason I haven't posted them here, I don't have access to my Windows machine nor my server, nor the NAS.

Whatever, very soon I will jump on Burger Motorsport's brand new AWD Dynojet and optimize everything that is installed.

I will record everything and take pictures.

The pain is coming I just ordered my coil-overs.
Funny thing is there are other FGTs on JB4 at 250+ whp with dyno sheets and they still talk negitive about it than say that's cool and good job. The FBG that Jason C runs has banned other tuners that are making 240whp-250whp+ with dyno sheets. If it is not SXTH or Tuners they approve in thier group they are just negative. Perfect example is Kevin Davis posts in that group on N75 tune. It's just bad for the community and FGT doesn't get the love it needs compared to the other 1.6ts alrdy. I'll stop there because I don't want this thread going into a crap show. Just get into those groups and you will see.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Funny thing is there are other FGTs on JB4 at 250+ whp with dyno sheets and they still talk negitive about it than say that's cool and good job. The FBG that Jason C runs has banned other tuners that are making 240whp-250whp+ with dyno sheets. If it is not SXTH or Tuners they approve in thier group they are just negative. Perfect example is Kevin Davis posts in that group on N75 tune. It's just bad for the community and FGT doesn't get the love it needs compared to the other 1.6ts alrdy. I'll stop there because I don't want this thread going into a crap show. Just get into those groups and you will see.
Besides you Kevin is one of my moles..lol

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,412 Posts
Just ordered the Evilla Cat Back with MagnaFlow Midpipe Resonator, Sport Series Muffler, and Burnt Stainless Tips.

(I blame @ForteGT2 for it LoL)
You're going to enjoy the sound and "DSG Farts"...LOL!

Reactions: BlueStang

·
Registered
402 Posts
As I've felt the "vibration" in the brakes when slowing down from a "fast stint on the highway" lol just like @ZiggyM5 has felt...these will be my next rotors & pads when the time comes for the factory ones to be replaced.
DSG? Because I am still on the original rotors and pads, I use the engine to slow the car down (manual). At the strip, after I cross the line, I clutch in and take it out of gear, apply the brakes and then clutch in to use the engine to slow the car down further.

·
Registered
321 Posts
DSG? Because I am still on the original rotors and pads, I use the engine to slow the car down (manual). At the strip, after I cross the line, I clutch in and take it out of gear, apply the brakes and then clutch in to use the engine to slow the car down further.
Yep, GT2 with DCT.

And by "fast stint on highway" I mean 120 in the clear when no one is around.

It's not all the time either...sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. It almost feels like the ABS type of pulsing/vibration, but I know it isn't that.

I'm probably a little harder on brakes than the average driver though...I don't like to start slowing down til I have to lol.

R1 Carbon GEOMET Drill & Slotted Rotors and R1 Ceramic Pads for me when the time comes (probably next year as I'll get antsy lol).

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,412 Posts
DSG because that's what they were known by before the DCT. Used to be if you looked for "DCT Fart" videos it would take you to "DSG farts". Now you can find "DCT Fart" videos...

Here's a Proceed (forte cousin) the "DCT Farts" are what mine sounds like:

Kia Proceed GT DCT farts - YouTube

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just ordered the Evilla Cat Back with MagnaFlow Midpipe Resonator, Sport Series Muffler, and Burnt Stainless Tips.

(I blame @ForteGT2 for it LoL)
You're going to enjoy the sound and "DSG Farts"...LOL!
Evilla Cat Back Exhaust will be here on the 27th. I know I should be good for the axle back section, but can I assume the car (rear wheels) on ramps will be enough clearance to get to the mid pipe & cat section?

I have these with a 6 in lift height.
May have to put some 2x12 wood under them for some more height.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #994 ·
Evilla Cat Back Exhaust will be here on the 27th. I know I should be good for the axle back section, but can I assume the car (rear wheels) on ramps will be enough clearance to get to the mid pipe & cat section?

I have these with a 6 in lift height.
May have to put some 2x12 wood under them for some more height.
Jack stands over plastic crap. Seen plenty of these collapse.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
812 Posts
Jack stands over plastic crap. Seen plenty of these collapse.
Really? I have two sets of those and have used them regularly for years. Holding up great and don’t show any signs of stress cracking/fatigue, even with a 5k lb SUV on them.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I installed the exhaust just using metal ramps under the rear tires:

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
What adjustments did you have to make after some temp cycles? Just the tips?
All the clamps needed to be retorqued. I went to 80 ft-lbs on them - at 60 ft-lbs the mid-pipe started to drop down.

981 - 1000 of 1006 Posts