Kia Forte Forum banner

2019-2022+ Forte GT - Forte Mods and Performance Upgrades/ Tuning. First Page For Links..

264888 Views 1240 Replies 101 Participants Last post by  Olszewski
Since I see several topics looking for things for our GTs and non GTs. Ive decided to make a one stop topic for links and discussions for Mods and Performance Upgrades.
Reactions: 5
1181 - 1200 of 1241 Posts
Hi guys, the research for Power Stop® - Z23 Brake Pads continues.

Summary, I ordered from RockAuto. Provided year, model, submodel, and engine. The result:
Part Number
Part Type
2021 KIA FORTE 1.6L L4 Turbocharged
POWER STOP​
Z231594 (Z23-1594)Brake Pad (6813.81.0050)
POWER STOP​
Z232035 (Z23-2035)Brake Pad (6813.81.0050)

They didn't fit, period! Especially front.

Round two, chatted with CARiD rep and explained that although the specs of the pads say they are for a Forte GT with 18" Wheels, the pads won't fit. He argues that since the post says that they fit my GT is ok to order. Asked for the return policies in case the same happens again (Rock Auto). CARiD returns cover both shipping costs. Checked! Ordered them. I asked to ship them to Florida to my son (shipping cost to PR was over $100 no go). I sent my son some pictures of the difference. We checked again, same part numbers, the same problem. Asked for an RMA, they sent me another front set, but this time it came from Power Stop, not CARiD. Same part number, same problem. I returned them and waiting for the full refund.

Escalated the problem directly to the manufacturer, Power Stop. The product manager sent me the following information:

====================================
PADS:
Front Pads: SKU# 58101 M7A10 – Z23-1855 - FRONT
Rear Pads: SKU# 58302 M7A30 – Z23-1594 - REAR (same as before)

ROTORS:
Front Rotors: SKU# 51712 M7100 = JBR1710XPR
Rear Rotors: SKU# 58411 3X300 = JBR1563XPR
========================================

Conclusions: If any web app recommends Z23-2035, don't buy them. Won't fit. The problem was on the Power Stop side. The product manager also commented he would update the catalog to avoid more confusion. I did check again on the website, and the problem still exists as well as on other retailers' sites.

PowerStop site:
Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Pads | High-Performance Pads | PowerStop (Part No. Z23-2035)
CARiD site:
Power Stop® - Kia Forte 2021 Z23 Evolution Sport Performance Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Compound Brake Pads (carid.com) (Part No. Z23-2035)
Summit site:
Power Stop Z23-2035 Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Pads and Hardware Kits | Summit Racing (Part No. Z23-2035)
Rock Auto site:
2021 KIA FORTE 1.6L L4 Turbocharged Brake Pad | RockAuto (Part No. Z23-2035)

Got the point? All sites recommend Part No. Z23-2035, which is wrong according to the manufacturer's Product Manager. The problem still exists.
I hope the new ones work in my car. I will return them and quit on Power Stop brakes for the GT if they don't work.

Will keep you posted on the result.

Cheers!
i was just thinking about getting these brakes but i have a non-GT so i don’t know if that makes a difference or not
The GT has 305mm OD rotors on the front. The other trims come with 280mm.

The rotors that come with that package from Power Stop are made for the GT trim.
Reactions: 1
The GT has 305mm OD rotors on the front. The other trims come with 280mm.

The rotors that come with that package from Power Stop are made for the GT trim.
It seems like it not made for the GT since @ZiggyM5 was having fitment problems on his GT so maybe it’s actually a better fit for non-GTs
It seems like it not made for the GT since @ZiggyM5 was having fitment problems on his GT so maybe it’s actually a better fit for non-GTs
Most likely not the case, but find a place with a good return policy and give it a whirl if you want
question for you people that have modded your 1.6 T forte gt. What all can i do to the car without a tune? is there anything or do i have to get an ecu tune for every mod? i was thinking just a blow off valve and muffler delete. but everyone at work said i would blow my motor without a tune.
question for you people that have modded your 1.6 T forte gt. What all can i do to the car without a tune? is there anything or do i have to get an ecu tune for every mod? i was thinking just a blow off valve and muffler delete. but everyone at work said i would blow my motor without a tune.
lol, no, you don't need an ecu tune for something like a muffler delete or installing a BOV.

None of these types of mods will effect the engine directly. Things that would require an ecu tune would be installing a bigger turbo, or changing out internal components of the engine like piston heads and rods and the camshaft springs.
Reactions: 2
question to anyone that had modded their 1.6L turbo kia forte gt. would i be able to do a muffler delete and blow off valve without a tune? or would i need a tune?
A BOV and Muffler Delete is not going to blow your motor. ECU tune is not needed for every mod. You have plenty of options if not ready for ECU tuning. I'll get back to ya later when I'm more available.
Join here:
Reactions: 2
A BOV and Muffler Delete is not going to blow your motor. ECU tune is not needed for every mod. You have plenty of options if not ready for ECU tuning. I'll get back to ya later when I'm more available.
Join here:
awesome. i love the car just bought a 2021 gt manual. i want that pop and to hear that turbo spool but i’m still on a warranty through the dealership.
When "everyone at work" opens their mouth...do yourself a favor...let their words enter one ear...and leave out the other. Smile at them and nod your head, make them feel like they are helping, and then completely disregard their ignorance.
Reactions: 3
When "everyone at work" opens their mouth...do yourself a favor...let their words enter one ear...and leave out the other. Smile at them and nod your head, make them feel like they are helping, and then completely disregard their ignorance.
It's funny, as I've had people tell me this too but I think it's because they are stuck in the mid 2000 days where anyone with a Subaru or Evo would excessively dyno tune their car after every bolt on they install because that's what everyone else told them to do.

Like, I had a friend tell me if I were to install a bigger intercooler, that would need a tune or the engine would run right. I still fail to see the logic in that as all an intercooler upgrade is going to do is provide more consistent supply of colder, denser air into the intake.

I've even been told a downpipe swap needs a tune.
It's funny, as I've had people tell me this too but I think it's because they are stuck in the mid 2000 days where anyone with a Subaru or Evo would excessively dyno tune their car after every bolt on they install because that's what everyone else told them to do.

Like, I had a friend tell me if I were to install a bigger intercooler, that would need a tune or the engine would run right. I still fail to see the logic in that as all an intercooler upgrade is going to do is provide more consistent supply of colder, denser air into the intake.

Join here:
thanks for the help. anyone have recommendations for the best BOV?
How much are you willing to spend?
Anything by Go Fast Bits is typically the go to for BOVs for the Forte GT.

i wouldn’t wanna spend more then 300 on a bov
How much are you willing to spend?
Anything by Go Fast Bits is typically the go to for BOVs for the Forte GT.

if the veloster is the same engine can i use the same blow off valve?
Join here:
would the blow off valve for the veloster 1.6T fit my 1.6T forte?

Don't need a tune for intercooler or High flow catted Downpipe to function. You will need to get tuned for Catless down pipe to not throw codes and make ECU changes needed. Getting tuned for having a Intercooler and Downpipe will maximize the gains out of them. There are ECU maps that get changed to maximize gains.

I have pretty much every performance bolt on one can get on my GT - SXTH Larger hot pipe, SXTH larger cold pipe, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Takeda intake, Velossa-Tech intake, Evilla cat-back exhaust - no tune needed.
I have pretty much every performance bolt on one can get on my GT - SXTH Larger hot pipe, SXTH larger cold pipe, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Takeda intake, Velossa-Tech intake, Evilla cat-back exhaust - no tune needed.
no lights on the dash?
You are also missing out major of gains being almost full bolts and using factory ECU settings. Factory ECU has limits and its been proven full bolt ons on factory ECU settings you can hurt performance.
1181 - 1200 of 1241 Posts