Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forte EX Premium 2.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend and I just bought a ex premium when we took ownership it was too bright outside to notice but on our way home (unlit rural roads) I noticed something weird with the projector cutoff line I’m used to just seeing a step down so I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be like this or not. I really hope this is not supposed to be like this because it is extremely annoying
Plant Tree Wood Water Twig

Window Building Automotive lighting Fixture Interior design

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And what I mean by the cutoff line looks weird are the 2 little dips especially the one on the left

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Take out the bulb, inspect/check it.

If electronic lights L.E.D's (light emitting diodes) they can go out. A circuit, a tracer, a solder, solder point, section of diode can burn out but the rest of it turn on.

Look at the tip, is there something on it? Paint, broken part/piece missing, maybe a dead insect that got trapped & baked on the bulbs/L.E.Ds?

What about the headlights clear lenses surface conditions? Major rock chips/hits cracks, bulls eyes, dings? The inside of the clear lenses can get damaged easily from the inside if someone was messing with it. Doesn't have to be opened to do that.

Have the bulbs/L.E.Ds in the correct angle/rotation or in it's correct sitting?

Has there been any kind of collisions, hits bangs, kicks to the front/headlights?

Can go & buy replacement bulbs/L.E.Ds at & if available at your local O'Reilly's, Advanced auto parts, Pepboys, Autozone, Napa/Carquest, Walmart.

Last resort, if still under warranty +replacement go to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Projector lenses might have been or taken some type of hit/damage during assembly. Someone if not current owner/s could've been messing with the headlight assembly & damaged them internally.

Is your 2019 Forte brand new or new to you? If new to you previous owner/s could've done something to the headlights or bulbs/L.E.Ds got some type of damage. Maybe the lights (bulbs/L.E.Ds) are going out?

When H.I.Ds are going out, they turn to a pinkish/violet/reddish color & develop at the center bubble/circle burn out & still illuminate, just not as bright & output.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take out the bulb, inspect/check it.

If electronic lights L.E.D's (light emitting diodes) they can go out. A circuit, a tracer, a solder, solder point, section of diode can burn out but the rest of it turn on.

Look at the tip, is there something on it? Paint, broken part/piece missing, maybe a dead insect that got trapped & baked on the bulbs/L.E.Ds?

What about the headlights clear lenses surface conditions? Major rock chips/hits cracks, bulls eyes, dings? The inside of the clear lenses can get damaged easily from the inside if someone was messing with it. Doesn't have to be opened to do that.

Have the bulbs/L.E.Ds in the correct angle/rotation or in it's correct sitting?

Has there been any kind of collisions, hits bangs, kicks to the front/headlights?

Can go & buy replacement bulbs/L.E.Ds at & if available at your local O'Reilly's, Advanced auto parts, Pepboys, Autozone, Napa/Carquest, Walmart.

Last resort, if still under warranty +replacement go to the dealership?
It was in an accident about a month prior to us signing the papers we got extended bumper to bumper warranty and it is still in the factory warranty period we’ll be going to the dealership in about a month to get some other issues fixed so I’ll bring it up with them I’m not sure as the what the previous owner did or didn’t do to the car we bought it used with 75,00km, i just don’t remember the dips when we had a 2019 ex+ A couple months ago so that’s why I just wanted to make sure that it is something I should bring up with the dealership. I haven’t noticed any damage to the lenses but I can take a better look in the morning and THANK YOU so much for your input also attached is a pic of the accident from before we bought the car
Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That's a collision enough to get new headlights. The damage to the drivers side headlight assembly (entire headlight) & from the pic of the beam matches the u cutoff beam from drivers side & enough that the passenger front has the same smaller u cutoff.

DEFINITELY bring that up to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The 2019 new to you Forte, did the dealership you bought it from fix it before the sale or after the sale? Either way, you need brand new OEM/factory headlights.

Before you ask for new headlights, see if you can remove the headlights & see if the bulbs/L.E.Ds are out of seating, holding brackets loose or misaligned.

Check the bulbs/L.E.Ds themselves.

I'm not familiar with 2019 & up Kia/Hyundai headlights. They may be self & automatic leveling projector/LEDs headlights.

On my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited, the headlights are HIDs & have self leveling projector headlights. Ignition off they roll downwards protection mode & ignition on roll back up. I have to take the Jeep to the dealership & pay $400 to get them leveled & aligned correctly.

Anyways, If after doing all the diy you possible can & still doesn't fix the problem, consider you may need brand new headlights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Little update getting the car fixed and checked out on the 30th and when I sent the pictures of the beam pattern to the service writer she didn’t say that they look normal so I’ll take it as something isn’t right I guess? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also a little tid bit I found out from another issue I had if you notice a sound like dry bearings when turning the steering wheel it’s an issue with the steering column so they also replaced that in my case

1 - 19 of 19 Posts