Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, I'm guessing that the lens can fog up inside between the lens and windshield... that's why it's off and on. Those replaced the windshield via third party, you will very likely need to get the dealer to fix the calibration.

I've had mine triggered when there was heavy snow fall. But big outside / inside temperatures differences could cause condensation to build up. It's not a perfect system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are not alone with this issue. I picked up a 2020 Forte FE about 3 months ago, it happens about 1 to 2 times a week. The only time it happens to me is on my drive to work at around 0530 when it is still dark out. A few times it happened while on the interstate and a couple of times at a dead stop. One stop was at a light, behind another car and the other time was when I was at the chain link gate of the place I work. I took it to the dealer, they tested the system and said it was working normally. They opened a ticket with TechLine, whatever that means, and I have not heard anything since. This last week I had it pop on 3 times, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I talked to the dealer again, gave them even more information and they are going to see if they can find anything out this week. If I hear anything back, I will share what I find here.
I did notice that the LKA was still working normally on mine when the error popped up on the dash. I saw the indicator was green with the steering wheel lit up too, so I tested it and drifted over to the center line, the wheel bumped back to the center of the lane as it should.
I love the car, it is a manual, it gets amazing gas mileage, looks really good, comfortable, but this issue is really damn annoying. I told the service advisor at my dealer to tell TechLine to either fix it or remove it. The only time that I would like the system to be functional, early in the morning while it is still dark, it seems to fail the most. Not exactly a "safety" system I would put much stock into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Kia forte I bought it off the lot December 2019 you know months down the road the crash which is the front crash lights keep coming on and off took it in several times and they told me it was the front camera so they replaced the front camera a few months ago and now the lights are still coming on and off like I’m gonna crash there is nothing wrong with the roads there’s no cars around me the sky is clear it’s beautiful out no rain no fog because that’s what they told me now it’s normal after once they told me before it was the camera and then I asked for corporate office number they couldn’t even give it to me they said they didn’t know it so

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 GT Line and my warning lights come on at least twice a week. Usually last until I turn car off, and then go away for a couple days.
Called dealer and they said they've never heard of this problem and I need to bring it in when lights are on.
I also have a 2020 GT Line. First time this happened to me on a snowy exit ramp, the brakes locked up, and by the grace of God, it stopped at the bottom of the ramp. Car didn't even have 6000 miles on it. Took it in to dealer and was told the same thing, unless the lights are on, they can't find a problem. Well, if the lights go off by the time you drive to the dealer, how are they ever going to find out? BTW, happened to me again yesterday (Only about 500 more miles on it). Have no idea why it came on. This is very scary. Something needs to be done, Kia!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've only got about 6k miles on my 2020, none of those issues yet. But the system is overly aggressive imo. It's tripped twice on me, the first time a car at least a block ahead of me slowing for a turn and it locked right the hell up. In wouldn't have even slowed down for that 1. I was way more worried about the car behind me. I've got it at the lowest setting, I don't recall if u can disable it entirely.
This happened to me TWICE already with my '21 Forte GT...
I was on the left lane on a 2 lane, coming up there was a home community complex so a third lane was available for residents to turn (left turn). The car in front of me was no longer IN FRONT OF ME yet my car beeped and slowed me down...I'm like dduuudeee....I was like 2 cars away from the that car anyway...
It usually doesnt behave that way, but for some reason , at times, I guess the system gets "confused"..
This is why I don't like too much tech in a car...more possibilities for things to go wrong.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Calibration or debris on the windshield could be problematic. Make sure your windshield is clean. If the issue is persistent then bring it in for dealer only calibration / reset / test.

Also, you might want to adjust the sensitivity in the user settings

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts