·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this done yesterday and love the sound and extra power

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
LOL! You're not getting any noticeable extra power. It's just a placebo effect. But it does sound good.

Reactions: Chuzz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! You're not getting any noticeable extra power. It's just a placebo effect. But it does sound good.
I step on the gas hard on this car all day every day. It's definitely running through that upper RPM band noticeably faster than before.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I step on the gas hard on this car all day every day. It's definitely running through that upper RPM band noticeably faster than before.
Unless you have dyno proof before and after, it's all in your head. A muffler delete will NOT create a noticeable power increase.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, it honestly feels a tiny bit faster to me 🤷‍♂️ and that's all that matters.

Cheers.

Reactions: Acura_Kal

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

Let's be clear here: When talking about the muffler, understand that upgrading the cat-back system as a whole is really the only way you'll experience any notable power gains. It doesn't hurt to upgrade the muffler on its own, of course, especially if it's a rusted-out mess and you need to replace it anyway. But the gains, if any, will be minimal. Replacing your car's muffler alone is not enough to open up the restrictive exhaust system and allow the extra airflow that increases performance. Everything that comes before the muffler, where the pressure is greatest and performance potential is highest, will remain tight and congested.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is it really necessary to keep rubbing it in his face?

If he feels the car is faster, he feels it’s faster.
You don’t get to tell someone how THEIR car behaves. Easy in the ego.

As for the poster, it sounds quite good. Thanks for the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Is it really necessary to keep rubbing it in his face?
I'm not rubbing it in his face, I was providing more info to back up what he believes is just my opinion.

If he feels the car is faster, he feels it’s faster.
I didn't say he didn't feel it was faster. I'm sure he does feel its faster. What I said was, it was a placebo effect and it actually wasn't faster.

You don’t get to tell someone how THEIR car behaves.
When it comes to facts, yes I do. Facts show that just a muffler delete does not make a car faster.

Is this forum about providing truth and facts to people or just about letting people believe whatever they want and feel good?

It would be the same if I said I added 20 performance stickers to the windows of my car and claimed it game me 100 more horsepower. "With all those stickers it's definitely running through that upper RPM band noticeably faster than before."

:rolleyes:

Get off your high horse.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hahahaha whaaaaaaaaaaaat.
I also have a 2019 FE, but a manual trans and cant tell a huge difference from the video audio. Maybe it's because I've been working from home for the last 3 months, not commuting. ha! Or with the 6 speed I am used to higher RPMs ??? Either way, I'd love to hear it from outside the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also have a 2019 FE, but a manual trans and cant tell a huge difference from the video audio. Maybe it's because I've been working from home for the last 3 months, not commuting. ha! Or with the 6 speed I am used to higher RPMs ??? Either way, I'd love to hear it from outside the car.
I have no problem recording it from the outside but maybe this is better:

Reactions: 1911garand

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the sound bouncing off a wall

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks. That sounds very good. Louder down low, then quieter in the upper RPM. I cant stand the coffee can sound like a lot of folks do around here. This is much better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will say this though, the highway drone between 75-85MPH drives me insane, and that's typical highway driving speed here in the Tampa area. It's not so bad once I start pushing 90, but I don't want to do 90 all the time, and I don't want to be limited to 70 either. I'm looking into ways to reduce the drone noise in the cabin, perhaps by sound deadening the trunk and perhaps under the rear seats. Or, I might add a Flowmaster after all. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's just like putting a cold air intake kit on your car and claiming more HP. Proven fact, that those don't do anything but lighten your wallet and make more noise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's just like putting a cold air intake kit on your car and claiming more HP. Proven fact, that those don't do anything but lighten your wallet and make more noise.
LOL I have both now. I can't believe AEM charges $275 for a 6 inch pipe, two couplers, housing, and a filter.

I definitely didn't notice more power from the CAI even though their dyno claims a 6HP gain.

I stand by my butt dyno on the muffler delete. Even if it's only 1 or 2 HP--even if it's just a split second difference--I know it's going from 4K-6K RPM faster than before.

I'll tell you what though, I got it to 115MPH on the highway a couple of days ago and it did it faster and with more ease, and felt like it wanted to keep going, which is 100% something it didn't do before it had the muffler delete and CAI.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was that you over here in Lake Wales on highway 60? LOL
:oops: Uh that's crazy. Nope I was on the I4 driving back from Orlando. Closest I've been to Lake Wales is Bartow, but that was 9 years ago and I was driving a Geo Prizm LOL.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts