Kia Forte Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2019+ Kia offers as a genuine accessory the "Interior Lighting Kit" which is a red LED kit that appears to light the foot wells and cup holders. But beyond that description there isn't a lot of information at the Kia accessory site:

Interior Lighting Kit
Part# 3W568 ADU01

Does anyone have any experience with this kit and can provide some more information such as:

1) Does the lighting only illuminate the front foot wells and cup holders? The description mentions door puddle lighting, but isn't definitive.
2) Is the lighting on at all times, is only paired with interior lighting (such as with door opening), can it be turned off, or dimmed?
3) Does anyone have the installation instructions they can share for reference?

It is an expensive kit, and if it illuminates areas like the cup holders it means some significant disassembly of the interior. But it might be an interesting accessory depending on how it actually functions and if it provides useful illumination.

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

If the lighting is only in the foot well I too would think it was relatively simple to install.

Where it seemed like it could be more complicated was the suggestion in the description that it also lighted the cup holders, which would require some console disassembly and perhaps drilling into the cup holders.

It's also very expensive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, on average I'm seeing the kit online from $275 to $290, but still pricey for what it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i installed a similar kit on my cars front and rear seats for about 50 bucks. it can sync to music has dozens of modes. I personally don't think the one from kia is worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts