Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Ask them if it's a rebuilt tranny pack or factory new.... my guess is repack.

also make sure balance of warranty applicable to the replaced tranny.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk
At this point it's most likely new.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ask them if it's a rebuilt tranny pack or factory new.... my guess is repack.

also make sure balance of warranty applicable to the replaced tranny.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk
Shellbell, did the dealership allow you to drive one of their loaner vehicles while you’re Forte is being repaired? Please don’t say that they sent you to a rental company, and they’ll cover the cost of the rental; but they won’t cover the cost of daily insurance. Around here daily insurance for rental is $30.00! Hoping that you have a friend or husband/boyfriend that is able to provide transportation while you’re ride is down. Thanks for the update, keep on smiling! 😁

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi again! I wanted to thank everyone for their advice and for following my posts, and wanted to provide quick update. I picked up the Kia yesterday and so far so good. I forgot to ask them if the transmission was a rebuild and about extending the warranty, but I will try to find out and report back.

Smooth1 - Kia did hook me up with the Enterprise rental agency down the road. Kia paid for the rental, but not insurance and elected to cover myself under my own insurance (in hindsight, probably a dumb idea). Enterprise rented me a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara which was a fun drive for a week; but my lack of experience in driving larger vehicles showed up for me about 10 minutes before I got back to Kia, when I backed into a yellow guardrail and transferred yellow paint to the back of the Jeep along with some scrapes. Waiting for Enterprise to give me a call about how to handle the damage..it is always something. Since I was slightly frazzled about the Jeep bump I forgot to ask Kia the necessary questions about the transmission. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Hi again! I wanted to thank everyone for their advice and for following my posts, and wanted to provide quick update. I picked up the Kia yesterday and so far so good. I forgot to ask them if the transmission was a rebuild and about extending the warranty, but I will try to find out and report back.

Smooth1 - Kia did hook me up with the Enterprise rental agency down the road. Kia paid for the rental, but not insurance and elected to cover myself under my own insurance (in hindsight, probably a dumb idea). Enterprise rented me a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara which was a fun drive for a week; but my lack of experience in driving larger vehicles showed up for me about 10 minutes before I got back to Kia, when I backed into a yellow guardrail and transferred yellow paint to the back of the Jeep along with some scrapes. Waiting for Enterprise to give me a call about how to handle the damage..it is always something. Since I was slightly frazzled about the Jeep bump I forgot to ask Kia the necessary questions about the transmission. :rolleyes:
Cars...NEVER a dull moment! LOL!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cars...NEVER a dull moment! LOL!
Thanks for the update Shellbell, hoping that you’ll have thousands of trouble free miles! That big Jeep probably consumed three times the amount of fuel as your Kia for one week of driving. Sorry to hear about your fender bender, hoping that you won’t have to pay a large bill for repair; did you take any pics of the damage? If rental agency wants you to pay for a complete new bumper, mention to agent that you have photos; it may detour them from taking advantage of the situation. Some rental agencies will charge customer for the damage, but it will never be repaired; then the next few customers that rent the same vehicle will be charged for damage as well. I know I shouldn’t be saying this, but rental companies take pics of the vehicles when they’re new, then put the blame on the next 5-9 customers before they repair it; or just sell the vehicle with the damage. There was a large expos-a about this subject a few years ago. Canada’s T.V. program Market Place and 60 minutes exposed what was going on with the rental car agencies. Keep on smiling!! 😁

21 - 26 of 26 Posts