Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
I have a 2020 LXS. I’ve had it about 5 months. I have some issues and made an apt at the dealer for Monday.
So far, a lot of moisture in both headlights, turning the steering wheel a lot (making a turn) sounds like a rubbing noise coming from the steering wheel and when the AC blower is on high randomly it blows a little harder or a little less. Like someone turned the fan speed knob.

Anyone else having these issues?
Here is a good pic. Both headlights are like this on most of the surface inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Guess what!
They had to keep my car so I got a rental. They couldn’t figure out where that steering wheel noise was coming from

The water in my headlight is “cosmetic” due to a TSB for the 2020 Forte so they will not warranty it. My car has 9k miles. What a piece of garbage. I should have kept my 10 year old car. It was American made and was built better

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
That's pretty lame about being cosmetic......... on a BRAND NEW CAR! I definitely wouldn't give up though, try a different dealer or Kia HQ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Guess what!
They had to keep my car so I got a rental. They couldn’t figure out where that steering wheel noise was coming from

The water in my headlight is “cosmetic” due to a TSB for the 2020 Forte so they will not warranty it. My car has 9k miles. What a piece of garbage. I should have kept my 10 year old car. It was American made and was built better

That’s BS. Go to a different dealer.

I had the same issue on my 2017 and they warrantied almost 2 years later with 60,000 kms on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I’ll try another dealer but the TSB came from KIA. If there is actual water sitting in the bottom of the headlight they will warranty the headlights.

I also spoke with the service manager. He stated that where he works isn’t Kia it just has the name on the building. He said they just sell Kias. Way to take ownership. That dealership shouldn’t be a dealership.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They called me. Stated they fought with the district manager and my new headlights are on order.

I forgot to update this all. So got the headlights in they also had to replace a lot of the steering column Bc of a loud rubbing noise that they couldn’t fix. I picked up my car and the alignment was so far off and the steering wheel was cocked to the left to go straight. I turned around in the dealers parking lot telling them to fix my car and I am taking it home tonight. I waited 3 more hours. It’s a little cocked to the right but I’m
Never going back to Galena Kia. It’s a sh*t show. Not to mention all the plastic in the front wheel wells had no fasteners. I decided not to even bother calling them. All it’s
Going to do is make me more pissed off Bc of the sh*tty quality of work these asshats do. I wasn’t to only one. Since then I’ve talked with a lot of people and shared my experiences with them. They lost business Bc of they way they treated me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts