Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone 馃憢,
I know that the 2019 Kia Forte is a rather new piece of machinery, but I am looking to install a new amp, speakers, and a subwoofer on the car, however there is literally zero documentation on the infotainment system. I've ran into constant dead ends in my search, except for finding speakers that will fit the car. When I asked the dealership about upgrading the audio in the car, they told me it will void my warranty on all electrical because the UVO is tied into the computer for the car. Nevertheless I want to be able to figure out where the speaker wires run to, I know on some manufacturer stereos they like to break up the radio into two pieces when it is integrated into the dash, has anyone been successful in pulling the stereo to install wire taps? I've also thought about creating a new inline harness for the existing system so that I don't have to hack up wires on a new car, but I have had no luck finding how to locate/remove the stereo to look at and start testing wires to find out what each does.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
This is the back of the screen on the dash, if no one else has done the removal, I may get trim removal tools and start gently prying on things until I can remove it.

Registered
I'm in the same boat. I love the screen but want to add speakers and a sub. My dealer doesn't care if I upgrade speakers but run me in circles when I try to find out how to remove the screen to get to the wiring. I think I am going to have to tap the wires at the speakers in the doors.

Registered
es It is very easy you just have to remove the cover that is in your image has two screws and two where are the ducts of the ac

Registered
How did you remove the cover to get to the screws? I am new to this and am wanting to add a amplifier and sub woofer but do not want to damage the aesthetics of the car.

Registered
How did you remove the cover to get to the screws? I am new to this and am wanting to add a amplifier and sub woofer but do not want to damage the aesthetics of the car.
Behind the radio there is a plastic cover. Not the one on the radio itself but on the actual dash. pull that straight up and there are two screws. Remove the silver dash panel and the air vents by prying out. The clips are pretty strong. You will also have to pull loose the bezel around the speedometer to get the long silver piece off. Two more screws behind the air vents. Even the radio is held in by clips so you have to pull that pretty hard as well.

Registered
Behind the radio there is a plastic cover. Not the one on the radio itself but on the actual dash. pull that straight up and there are two screws. Remove the silver dash panel and the air vents by prying out. The clips are pretty strong. You will also have to pull loose the bezel around the speedometer to get the long silver piece off. Two more screws behind the air vents. Even the radio is held in by clips so you have to pull that pretty hard as well.
Also i do believe the small light green wire on the back of the radio works as a remote wire. but use a multimeter to test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts