Kia Forte Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck with these? Looks like a simple plug and play to the existing 3rd brake light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think it would be great to have a higher mounted 3rd stop light on the 2019+ like this, but it's hard to tell from the photos:

1) How does one run the wires inside the car and connect to the existing harness for a clean factory appearance, OEM quality weather proofing and durability?

2) Is the light bar completely square on all dimensions (it appears so) or does it taper down to the roofline at the top and are the ends shaped to follow the contour of the glass at the corners? I'd hate for it to look like a long black lego glued to the top of the window.

As a related aside to the #2 question, I wonder if one could combine the strip light with something like the following spoiler, to place the light up under the spoiler to hide any "chunkiness"?

I suspect we'll never know the answers to these questions and other details until someone buys one of these lights and tries it out, so if anyone does purchase one please post photos of the parts, instructions, install, and final fit/finish/operation. And let everyone know what you think about the
install effort and quality.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it would be great to have a higher mounted 3rd stop light on the 2019+ like this, but it's hard to tell from the photos:

1) How does one run the wires inside the car and connect to the existing harness for a clean factory appearance, OEM quality weather proofing and durability?

2) Is the light bar completely square on all dimensions (it appears so) or does it taper down to the roofline at the top and are the ends shaped to follow the contour of the glass at the corners? I'd hate for it to look like a long black lego glued to the top of the window.

As a related aside to the #2 question, I wonder if one could combine the strip light with something like the following spoiler, to place the light up under the spoiler to hide any "chunkiness"?

View attachment 79358

I suspect we'll never know the answers to these questions and other details until someone buys one of these lights and tries it out, so if anyone does purchase one please post photos of the parts, instructions, install, and final fit/finish/operation. And let everyone know what you think about the
install effort and quality.
I zoomed in on the pics from the install on the forte. It looked like it was cut to match the corners and looked flush to the roof

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one actually looks nicer...
curved and all. Looks more like a spoiler with the led brake light. I sent the seller some questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts