Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info. But I'm confused since it show connections for Sub 1 and Sub 2, but I only have 1 sub in my rear dash :(
I think they get away with that by stating: "If Equipped"...LOL!

Reactions: BlueStang

·
Registered
252 Posts
I know right. I was a little disappointed when I opened the trunk for the first time and saw an empty speaker port lol. I thought there would be 2 speakers back there on the rear dash. Wondering if adding another factory one and tapping into the current system is worth it/possible.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
I know right. I was a little disappointed when I opened the trunk for the first time and saw an empty speaker port lol. I thought there would be 2 speakers back there on the rear dash. Wondering if adding another factory one and tapping into the current system is worth it/possible.
Anything is possible with enough time/money. Whether or not it’s worth it is another question. I’m sure it would be easy enough to pull power from the other rear deck lid sub and wire the two together. Whether or not that would result in better sound I don’t know

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good info. But I'm confused since it show connections for Sub 1 and Sub 2, but I only have 1 sub in my rear dash :(
You have 1 sub, but the sub has 2 voice coils. So the wiring is listed as sub 1 & sub 2 for the way it is powered through the voice coils.

Reactions: BlueStang
1 - 6 of 6 Posts