Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the all new Forte 5 will be available this fall in Canada. I had read that this model may not be available in the US, which seems really odd! Toyota and Mazda have just released new hatchbacks as well as Honda has a model and it looks like the Cruze hatch will be gone from the US market.

It will be available with two engines:
- 1.6L turbo with a 7-spd dual clutch
- 2.0L MPI with the IVT

- rear multi-link suspension with tuned springs and dampers

Attachments

Reactions: PLP

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Actually, I like it.
When I saw the sedan, or saloon version, I was like - it is pretending to be Stinger...
Yet, I think the "flower" style wheels are nicer. They have something. Maybe the shape, the curves, they look unique.

I do not know the sales numbers, and you conwelpic were the best in making them available, but around here - that is Michigan, USA, I see a lot of sedans, a few hatchbacks, but there are only two SX versions of Forte5, mine and one guy driving a while 2017. They simply do not sell well. Still, it is a very nice alternative to GTI.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Actually, I like it.
When I saw the sedan, or saloon version, I was like - it is pretending to be Stinger...
Yet, I think the "flower" style wheels are nicer. They have something. Maybe the shape, the curves, they look unique.

I do not know the sales numbers, and you conwelpic were the best in making them available, but around here - that is Michigan, USA, I see a lot of sedans, a few hatchbacks, but there are only two SX versions of Forte5, mine and one guy driving a while 2017. They simply do not sell well. Still, it is a very nice alternative to GTI.
The Forte5 SX was as scarce as hens teeth even in Canada,my dealer in Ottawa had to get one for me from a dealer Toronto. My Dealer told me it was one of two at the time from coast to coast. Mine was a 2015 SX premium.

Pat.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some more photos of the 2020 Forte 5 pre-production model from CIAS

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
457 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pricing now on the Kia Canada website along with full specs

EX - $22,245
  • 2.0L MPI
  • coupled torsion beam
  • heated front seats and steering wheel
GT - $27,395
  • 1.6L turbo GDI
  • independent multi-link
  • sunroof
GT Ltd - $29,995
  • heated rear seats
  • air-cooled front seats

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Feb 14, 2020 - Canadian GT review

·
Registered
2020 Forte5 GT Limited
10 Posts
I bought my 2020 GT Limited last month, I absolutely love this car! Came from a 16 Koup SX, only thing I miss from that car is a manual trans, but the DCT the Forte5 has is a pretty good trans. Any Canadian’s who are considering this car, save your penny’s and get the GT Limited, the extra features are worth the bump in price over the standard GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
at my local dealer last week to get my 48 month service on my Soul and saw this line up of 2020 Forte 5's on his lot.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte5 EX
2 Posts
Hello,
Does anyone know if i can switch out the rims and tires of my 2020 Forte5 EX with my (wife's) 2020 Corolla XSE?? They're not the same size, but will that be a big deal??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2020 Forte5 GT Limited
10 Posts
Hello,
Does anyone know if i can switch out the rims and tires of my 2020 Forte5 EX with my (wife's) 2020 Corolla XSE?? They're not the same size, but will that be a big deal??

Thanks!!
You’ll need to compare the specs of each wheel to make sure they are the same. The bolt pattern for the Forte5 is 5x114.3, if the Toyota wheels have a different pattern then they won’t fit. If it’s the same then check out the offset and backspacing; not sure what they are for the Forte off the top of my head. Depending on how different they are, it might work, but if the bolt pattern is different then forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Everything Kuji16 said and one more thing to check, the center bore as well. The Toyota wheels need to be the same or larger to fit.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I just did a little searching, they won’t fit. The Forte has a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 with a 67.1mm bore. The Corolla has a 5x100 bolt pattern with only a 54.1mm bore. Both too small to fit the Forte.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts