Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Has anyone with the gt model done the wastegate adjustment to hold the boost better. I notice that sometime under heavy throttle, the power will flatten out, usually around the 4-5500 mark, then begin to climb again to redline. Doesnt happen all the time.
mods done are boomba bov with mac solenoid, cold side resonator delete, home made SRI with air blocker from the engine bay(my take on the afe open intake). Doesnt happen all the time, but it does it enough when im trying to challenge someone and it flattens out.

i read somewhere to tighten the wastegate 2 full turns to hold the boost better, but i noticed the gt's have an electric actuator, any ideas or tips or someone done it and what was the outcome?

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can't do the same thing because there's no spring. This only applies to Gamma I engines (first gen Turbo Veloster, Elantra Sport, Forte5 SX, etc) All 2019-up Gamma II engines are electronic wastegate.

While you can likely edit EWG with a bench flash, you do have command of it somewhat with the JB4, by modifying what the MAP/TIP sensor sees.

Besides there's no advantage to doing it without a tune. I did it on my Focus ST with a standard vacuum actuated wastegate, pick up about 15 whp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i figured as much with it being electronic, the ecu would compensate it. i hope we get a second stimulus, ill definitely pick up the jb4. bills man, i tell you, keep me at bay from buying toys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts