Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
I had the fan shroud rattle around 7k miles. I just went and tightened the fan shroud bolts and it went away. I'm over 12k miles now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Registered
Belt squealing in a new car when it is cold, is not that huge of a deal. If it won't settle and the squeal go way, soon, you'll need to do something, so observe. All is still new, let is break-in completely.

Registered
I had the fan shroud rattle around 7k miles. I just went and tightened the fan shroud bolts and it went away. I'm over 12k miles now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I noticed that mine rattles where that fan shroud vertically interfaces with the radiator. Therefore tightening the bolts won't help in my case, as that would draw the assembly in tighter laterally.

I should reiterate that I love the way the car performs, handles, and the overall interior experience.

If the worst I have to deal with in the first few years of ownership is a non critical component rattling or squealing, I'm good with that.

But my perhaps unfounded concern is that these squeals and rattles are instead the first indicators of poor quality.

I'm also not bashing Kia. I've currently got a 2018 Sedona. My prior vehicles include GMC, Chevrolet, Honda, Nissan.

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
If your fan shroud is rattling there has to be a problem - that's what a warranty is for. Let a professional take a look. Rattling can lead to chaffing of parts. Could be a missing bumper or retainer.

Reactions: Chuzz

Registered
Well enjoy that warranty while you have it. My gt is so heavily modified i dont think they would warranty anything lol.
Your fan shroud is heavily modified?

You can modify any component in the engine bay but if the fan shroud is untouched then they will service it. Unless of course it's connected to an aftermarket jet propulsion system....

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Registered
What a great idea jet propulsion. Lol. Yeah the dealerships in hawaii are on some extra shit. I had a 2018 scatpack that I lowered and twin turboed when I blew it up I wasn't even expecting the dealer to warranty it but the dodge rep made it a point to tell me the whole warranty was voided and because I added a line in converter for subwoofers they denied the stereo getting warrantied. Needless to say I paid for them to replace the stereo and the motor and when I picked it up I did the sickest burnout across the dealership parking lot. Haha I showed them... no I didn't they called the cops and as im pulling through the army base gates they arrest me take me to jail and tow my car after a year in court I took a plea for loss of finet resources for wasting Honolulu police departments time and making them drive across the island to arrest me lmao.... 170 dollar fine divided by the 6 cops it took to drive there and arrest me I think I did ok

Registered
What a great idea jet propulsion. Lol. Yeah the dealerships in hawaii are on some extra shit. I had a 2018 scatpack that I lowered and twin turboed when I blew it up I wasn't even expecting the dealer to warranty it but the dodge rep made it a point to tell me the whole warranty was voided and because I added a line in converter for subwoofers they denied the stereo getting warrantied. Needless to say I paid for them to replace the stereo and the motor and when I picked it up I did the sickest burnout across the dealership parking lot. Haha I showed them... no I didn't they called the cops and as im pulling through the army base gates they arrest me take me to jail and tow my car after a year in court I took a plea for loss of finet resources for wasting Honolulu police departments time and making them drive across the island to arrest me lmao.... 170 dollar fine divided by the 6 cops it took to drive there and arrest me I think I did ok
Wow, yeah they are definitely on some shit wtf

Registered
Hello, recent owner of a new Forte GT with the 7 speed dct looking for help on a couple issues with the car. Almost 3k miles on it, love the car, awesome currant red color and alot of fun to drive howevee there are some really annoying things about it. 1st thing is the cold starts, something is buzzing/rattling in the engine area and when you first drive for a few minutes and let off the gas youll hear a faint but noticeable buzzing rattle sound that stops each time you tap the gas a bit but starts again if you are off the gas. Happens every cold start and each time you come back to the car after a few hours. It goes away after a few minutes but it is definately not a sound a new car should make. I have been to a few dealers to try and get it diagnosed but they both have claimed not to hear it, and I even test drove with a tech, but on the busy street we drove It wasnt hearable and it didnt help that they messed with the car before i arrived. Even in parkand revving it can be heard. Also I have noticed a new issue is that when accelerating with a good amount a loud click noise is heard up front. Im not sure what that is caused by. I may try using premium gas next fill up but I am using 87 gas in it currently which is what it ststrs to use or higher. Anyone having these issues? I really want to like the car and enjoy it for the next 10 years.
My noi

Registered
My bad my thing was the fan shroud around my fans

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
I'm revisiting this due to the rattle has come back. It appears that when i started tapping on the fan shroud, the rattle is coming from the bottom of the shroud hitting the intercooler. I'll be doing some either trimming or just putting a rubber isolator when i do my intercooler swap.

Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
I believe this is said to have been done by someone on the forum while installing an intercooler. Something like this would work...

Registered
2020 Kia Forte Gt
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Did you ever figure this out? I notice something similar in mine 2020 GT I just got. Now im nervous :(
I have taken it to 2 dealers long ago to try and have them hear it but when they drive it they dont hear it, I had dropped the car overnight twice. Its a faint noise but is audible in a more echoy area. Its something of the fuel delivery when the car is cold makes noise for the first few minutes. Itll make the sound, when you are off the gas, but then stop rifht away to the smallest gas input. Thats how I know its related to that. It stops shortly after. I dont really worry on it anymore, and it prob happens to every forte gt. I just dont get any other input from anyone since the topic derailed onto other stuff/people may not be really tuned to notice the sound. Still enjoy the car, its fun, and great. Changing oil tommorow, but I notice my front suspension clicks going over bumps, so Ill ask if somethin is up for that during the inspection. Again, the forte issue may be normal, as I was told from the mechanic that the fuel pump is loud when cold, but listen closely, reply back with what it is really like for you. I still pay attention to this post.

Registered
Hello, recent owner of a new Forte GT with the 7 speed dct looking for help on a couple issues with the car. Almost 3k miles on it, love the car, awesome currant red color and alot of fun to drive howevee there are some really annoying things about it. 1st thing is the cold starts, something is buzzing/rattling in the engine area and when you first drive for a few minutes and let off the gas youll hear a faint but noticeable buzzing rattle sound that stops each time you tap the gas a bit but starts again if you are off the gas. Happens every cold start and each time you come back to the car after a few hours. It goes away after a few minutes but it is definately not a sound a new car should make. I have been to a few dealers to try and get it diagnosed but they both have claimed not to hear it, and I even test drove with a tech, but on the busy street we drove It wasnt hearable and it didnt help that they messed with the car before i arrived. Even in parkand revving it can be heard. Also I have noticed a new issue is that when accelerating with a good amount a loud click noise is heard up front. Im not sure what that is caused by. I may try using premium gas next fill up but I am using 87 gas in it currently which is what it ststrs to use or higher. Anyone having these issues? I really want to like the car and enjoy it for the next 10 years.
I know I鈥檓 kinda late but that clicking noise you hear when upskifting or down shifting is your clutch packs moving

21 - 37 of 37 Posts