Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to show you guys my 2020 GT rims I got powder coated today. Was going back and forth on getting new rims but i really couldnt find any i really liked that much so I decided to powder coat these ones and I cant tell you how happy I am with the outcome. Wanted to stand out from other GTs and this definitely helps. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ooh, very nice looks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks good. I thought about a veloster and hate those wheels. I kinda like the stock wheels on my GT but that powder coating color would contrast well with the fire orange color.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks man. I was nervous going into it because the way the rims were it was hard for me to picture how they would be but these guys did a great job. I liked the matte black more than the glossy look that was just me but def happy with how it turned out. Wanted to show others in case they were in the same predicament.. i did this to make my GT stand out and different from others but it was nearly impossible to find any other pics online of people doing the same plus I wanted to show it off a bit hahaa so I had to post it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Looks good. I did a similar powder coating on rims for my 2013 Koup:

Summer 17” wheels from a 2007/08 Hyundai Tiburon:

Winter 16” wheels from a 2010 Hyundai Azera:

Price was about $110/wheel

Reactions: Vandizzler

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@edmoiler13 It was 150 a rim so 600 for all of them. It was that much or more for new rims plus I would have to get them mounted and balanced and all that because I wouldnt do it myself so I feel like it was well worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts