Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2020 Kia Forte FE Manual and when I pump gas, it clicks like its full when it isn't. The dealer won't check it unless I preauthorize a diagnostic fee first. It has done it continuously for the last couple weeks every time I fill up. Has anyone else had similar issues?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Lots of questions...
Do you have this problem at any gas station or is it the same gas station?
Do you insert the pump nozzle as deep as you can in your gas filler?
Have you tried inserting the pump nozzle half way in your gas filler?
Remember that some gas stations may have adjusted their nozzles' fume detection to shut off easy - (usually states with strong econuts at the Government helm:))

I've not had any problems refueling my 2021 Forte.

·
Registered
2020 Fire Orange Kia Forte GT
39 Posts
I tend to fill up my 2020 GT at QTs. I have not noticed a problem. Filled up at a couple Exxons and a Buc-ee's as well. Oh if you have never been to a Buc-ee's in TX, Google it. I do sometimes wish for a bigger tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sometimes get this problem but find that if I hold the nozzle at an angle, it will fill up better. A Costco guy told me that this is common with a lot of cars now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of questions...
Do you have this problem at any gas station or is it the same gas station?
Do you insert the pump nozzle as deep as you can in your gas filler?
Have you tried inserting the pump nozzle half way in your gas filler?
Remember that some gas stations may have adjusted their nozzles' fume detection to shut off easy - (usually states with strong econuts at the Government helm:))

I've not had any problems refueling my 2021 Forte.
Hi. Yes I tried different pumps, and not sticking the nozzle all the way in. My 04 Escalade does it all the time but it's much older.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tend to fill up my 2020 GT at QTs. I have not noticed a problem. Filled up at a couple Exxons and a Buc-ee's as well. Oh if you have never been to a Buc-ee's in TX, Google it. I do sometimes wish for a bigger tank.
Bucees is my favorite gas station lol. I'm from Texas as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: I called Kia customer service and Noel was very helpful. He said since I have video proof of it happening then there's definitely something going on. They said that if the dealer couldn't diagnose it, they'd pay for the $137 diagnosis fee (Ouch). He advised me to take my car back in and authorize the diagnosis. I did just that and the service advisor called me today. He said that they found multiple issues and there were several parts that they had to order. I'll be taking it back in Tuesday to have the parts replaced. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting?? Multiple issues and several parts needed?
Yeah that's what the service advisor told me. I went this morning to pick up my car and I asked for details but he said he didn't have the paperwork yet. I'll find out once I take it back to have the parts replaced. Maybe its a vent solenoid or a purge solenoid. He couldn't tell me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: The dealership ordered the parts, and I brought my car in to have them replaced. I got the car back today and the problem is fixed. The dealer said they had to replace an O-ring and two valves. They didn't give me specifics or the service paperwork. I saw it but the service advisor said he needs to speak to the mechanics first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah same here my girlfriend has the 2020 fe it does the same thing I found if u push the nozzle all the way in and kind point it downward it stays pumping

1 - 13 of 13 Posts