Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
6,111 Posts
I've only seen the Racechip listed for the 1.6T - same for JB4.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
6,111 Posts
Ive been looking into a piggyback tune but im not sure if its only for turbocharged engines or if i could install onto my 2020 kia forte lxs
Looks like you've lowered your LXS - what did you install?

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,211 Posts
Yep, 1.6T only. No tunes out there for the 2.0. Not sure if Racechip voids the warranty. I know the JB4 doesn’t if you take it off before going to dealer

·
Registered
6,111 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,211 Posts
No way in hell that adds that much power. It's an NA engine, so it's not like you can crank the boost - you can basically just mess with cam timing and ignition timing. If it does what it claims for that low of a price though, I'm intrigued...

EDIT - this is the correct link for the 2.0 MPI, and I just translated and went though the website. It only claims an extra 2 HP, but an extra 15 or so lb-ft and in increase of up to 15% in gas mileage. Very intriguing, since that power number doesn't seem too far out of the realm of possibility, and if it increases mileage like it says, it would pay for itself pretty quick - it's only 200 Euros. Also seems to have a decent warranty

• Helpful
Reactions: ForteGT2
1 - 10 of 10 Posts