Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED ADVICE:
K so I've been all over the web looking for performance mods for my '20 forte lxs..yes I know it'd be better to tune a gt model but I don't have that option as of yet so tryna work with what I got... keep in mind I'm not tryna go turbo or make my forte a fast & furious 10 sec car(yet at least;):cool:), I just want a lil more pep in its step and to be able to hand all these Hondas a slice of humble pie on city streets.. so w/out having to majorly tune or swap my engine what are some basic/easy/relatively cheap mods I can do to my daily driver to add a lil excitement?

·
Super Moderator
399 Posts
The usual starting point: cold air intake/short ram, headers, catback exhaust. They're basic and relatively easy, but not so cheap.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte5 Lx, GDI
47 Posts
If you dont want to get a custom tune, your only options are what were said above...basic bolt-ons, plus more "advanced" like performance intake manifold and throttle body, and camshafts, but once you get into these, a tune is essentially required for the car to even run correctly and safely. If any of these are even available for such a car new? I have no idea. But as for bolt-ons, you'll spend as much on them alone as you would a custom tune to get the same effect. Not tryna bust your balls, but that's the sad reality of tuning a modern car, especially an "economy" car :(

Good tires and nice brakes are never a bad idea too and can make a car feel like a completely different animal. Not to mention lowering kits, stiffer anti-roll bars, ect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts