Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to put 700+ miles on my new 2020 GT in the 2 weeks I've had it. Granted, there was a long trip out of state that helped contribute to the mileage, but the main reason is that I've been having too much fun getting to know this car that it's been difficult to park for long.

During the first 2 weeks of ownership I've noticed a couple quirks. Not issues per se, just nitpicks. The first is the road noise. The Kumho tires on this beast seem to have more road noise than I'm used to. I'm not sure if the sport suspension plays a factor, but the road noise seems to be slightly excessive. The good thing is the exhaust is loud enough that I can hear it over the road noise, and I find the exhaust tone to be quite pleasant.

This is also the first car I've owned with auto high beams. They work surprisingly well, although there are a few instances when they don't detect oncoming traffic right away. This happens mostly when traveling down a hill heading toward a valley, where the oncoming traffic is also going downhill, the sensor doesn't pick up the oncoming headlights right away. It also sometimes detects security lights on buildings as headlights, although this is rare. But overall the system works very well, and I can see how it can make me lazy and forget to turn off my high beams when driving a car without the auto feature.

Overall this is a very pleasant, comfortable and easy-to-drive car. The clutch feel is almost perfect, and although the throws are a tad long the shifter is smooth with the right amount of notchiness. Turbo lag is a thing below 3k RPM, but keep it above that and it pulls hard and smooth. Handling is surprisingly good for a compact car, and steering weight is spot on. Brakes are more than adequate and easy to modulate. Overall this is a very fun car to drive.

I find the UVO system to be responsive and easy to use, and the HK audio sounds good. Fuel economy is very good, averaging 38+ MPG on my long trip with 90% highway driving between 70-75 MPH.

There really isn't much to complain about with this car, other than it's going to be difficult to keep it under 12k miles/year!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts