Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my wife and I bought a blue 2020 GT DSG with the GT2 Package and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Summer Tire Package. I think this is the best "bang for the buck" on the planet when it comes to sports sedans. I have only driven it a few miles, but I am already impressed. There is nothing not to love. I would submit a picture, but it looks just like the pictures above.

We also have a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Launch Addition roadster. I am anxious to race the Mazda with the Forte, The MX-5 is a 5.8 second 0-60 car and runs in the mid 14s in the quarter and the Forte seems faster. I have done probably 90 laps on the road racecourse in the Mazda. I will take the Forte out for some laps to see how it does in the "twisty bits." If there is one option missing from the GT-2 package, its an LSD.

I think the Forte GT will be easy to get another 20 to 30 hp without going wild simply with a tune and a couple of bolt-ons. You bump up booste. I am told if you do that on these Kia/Hyundai turbo motors you need an oil catch can and a spark-plug upgrade along with premium unleaded. After we break it in might have to give it a try.

Registered
Today my wife and I bought a blue 2020 GT DSG with the GT2 Package and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Summer Tire Package. I think this is the best "bang for the buck" on the planet when it comes to sports sedans. I have only driven it a few miles, but I am already impressed. There is nothing not to love. I would submit a picture, but it looks just like the pictures above.

We also have a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Launch Addition roadster. I am anxious to race the Mazda with the Forte, The MX-5 is a 5.8 second 0-60 car and runs in the mid 14s in the quarter and the Forte seems faster. I have done probably 90 laps on the road racecourse in the Mazda. I will take the Forte out for some laps to see how it does in the "twisty bits." If there is one option missing from the GT-2 package, its an LSD.

I think the Forte GT will be easy to get another 20 to 30 hp without going wild simply with a tune and a couple of bolt-ons. You bump up booste. I am told if you do that on these Kia/Hyundai turbo motors you need an oil catch can and a spark-plug upgrade along with premium unleaded. After we break it in might have to give it a try.
Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my car, super tires! Congratulations on your new purchase from Thunder Bay, Ontario! 馃コ

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
Leland900 - the flag next to your name appears to be India. Is that where you're from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts