Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a 2020 Kia Forte LXS and I want to replace the low beam and high beam halogen headlights with LEDs.

I've been looking around online about which size I need but I can't find a definitive answer.

Can anyone here help me out?
Thank you!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a GT in the US so I don't have a direct answer for you but the bulb listing is located in my manual on page 84. OS perhaps your manual has bulbs listed in it as well.

But even then, I'd say the best way to be 100% sure is to pull the bulb out of your car and hold it in your hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i recently bought LEDs for my DRLs to put in my 2019 forte, they work fine but for some reason on my dash it says check headlight (high) does anyone know why and what i should do??

·
Registered
1 Posts
i recently bought LEDs for my DRLs to put in my 2019 forte, they work fine but for some reason on my dash it says check headlight (high) does anyone know why and what i should do??
If you look online for LED lights for a 2019 Kia Forte there is a connection that’s with the LED bulb that comes in the package to stop that light on the dashboard. Just Google it and you will find them

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,178 Posts
Your car's BCM is detecting low current flow due to the low draw of the LED bulbs you installed. Incandescent and halogen bulbs draw 30-55 Watts while LED bulbs run 1-4 Watts! So your computer thinks the bulbs are out - and you get a warning in the dash. You have to buy CANbus LED bulbs OR use an in-line wire resister to increase the wattage.

Resister example:
Light Product Font Screenshot Electronic device

Product Font Material property Screenshot Advertising

1 - 6 of 6 Posts