Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I’m trying to make my car a BIT Louder when it comes to the exhaust/muffler. I like the way the OG exhaust system sounds but I wish it was just a hair louder.

Anyone have any recommendations on what I can change to make that happen?

(I drive A lot of FWY so I don’t want the sound to be so overwhelming inside the cabin)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you want to do it on the cheap, consider a res delete. It gives the car more noise without intruding in the cabin nor any drone. If you want a bit more noise with a bit of performance (not really but it does respond a bit better), then consider the axleback muffler upgrade. The unit from Evilla that ForteSX2.4 suggested sounds good.
For even more noise without being too obnoxious you can do the res delete along with the axleback. If you're not into obnoxious DSG farts, leave the 2nd cat in place. Removing that introduces scary loud cold starts and DSG farts, which is not something you want ALL the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to do it on the cheap, consider a res delete. It gives the car more noise without intruding in the cabin nor any drone. If you want a bit more noise with a bit of performance (not really but it does respond a bit better), then consider the axleback muffler upgrade. The unit from Evilla that ForteSX2.4 suggested sounds good.
For even more noise without being too obnoxious you can do the res delete along with the axleback. If you're not into obnoxious DSG farts, leave the 2nd cat in place. Removing that introduces scary loud cold starts and DSG farts, which is not something you want ALL the time.
Thanks! I’ll definitely check into that. Yeah, I wouldn’t want all that noise on cold starts haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too wanted a bit more "loud pedal" noise but not an irritating cruising drone. I chose Evilla Motorsports' Axle Back exhaust with resonator (you can go louder with res delete or a bit quieter with their muffler). So check them out.

Factory exhaust Vs Evilla Motorsports exhaust:
View attachment 81820

Cold start to normal idle:
Evilla Sound MPEG.mpeg (dropbox.com)

Same...from another owner:
2020 Kia Forte GT • Evilla Motorsports Sport Series Axleback Exhaust - YouTube

The "farting" makes me laugh...
Hey I really appreciate the info you provided... I truly like the picture included along with the attachments!! 👍🏽

1 - 5 of 5 Posts