Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 21 forte gt manual. After gently breaking the car in and installing an oil-air separator, I wish to put in a K&N, tornado and chip. I am looking for about 50 hp and 75 torque. Who makes a good plug-and-play? I looked at the gts system briefly but cant find any reviews.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 21 forte gt manual. After gently breaking the car in and installing an oil-air separator, I wish to put in a K&N, tornado and chip. I am looking for about 50 hp and 75 torque. Who makes a good plug-and-play? I looked at the gts system briefly but cant find any reviews.
If the Tornado you are referring to is what I think it is you will gain no power from it, and may even lose power due to the restriction in airflow. I would stay away from the K&N, not because its bad which it isn't, but because the enclosure the filter is in is not sealed from the engine and can pick up that warm air. The setup from aFe puts the filter in a box that is separated from the engine while still using the factory snorkel location for cold air. I've personally never been a fan of piggyback systems, which is what the GTS is, and think a reflashed ecu is a better option. If you do want a solution that is removable and offers more flexibility I would look at the JB4 from Burger Motorsports.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just so you know, this will void the warranty on the cars powertrain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts