Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed the Boomba Racing short throw shift kit on my 21 Forte GT. Takes the buzzing out of the nylon shifter knuckle. The new knuckle is anodized aluminum and it shifts super smooth. Puts shifter back by about an inch so my arm rest is much more usable. 270 gram delrin knob is a great weight and makes shift engagements much more positive feeling. Definitely recommend!!

[/URL]
View attachment 85258
View attachment 85260
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Gas

View attachment 85256
View attachment 85259
View attachment 85257
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Camera accessory Audio equipment Auto part Electronic device Pipe

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part Personal luxury car
Wood Gas Road surface Composite material Machine

Automotive tire Toy Motor vehicle Asphalt Gas

Vehicle Gear shift Hood Car Motor vehicle

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift Vehicle

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
288 Posts
I have the same short shifter in my FE. It’s probably still the best mod I’ve done to the car. It makes it feel so much better to drive.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
288 Posts
Also, the SXTH Element shifter end link solid bushing kit makes it even better - shifts feel even more crisp and clicky with it. I just put them in mine - certainly makes a difference. Something to consider, especially if you plan have the intake out to do a CAI

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely doing the Boomba shifter base bushings and transmission bushings. Had a distribution block I picked up from sxth for my Elantra Sport to run a boost gauge. I'll have to check them out!

·
Registered
2021 Currant Red Forte GT Manual
37 Posts
I've had that shifter a while now, and I love it. I also installed the shifter base bushings. I've got the ones for the trans, but haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
288 Posts
Puting in the shifter base bushings now View attachment 85507
Nice! Let us know how much of a difference they make. I'd like to get them but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger because I'm unsure how much of a difference they will make.

Reactions: Jgoardjr
1 - 9 of 9 Posts