Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT-Line Aurora Black
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I did a quick search and found a few items but nothing specific. I have a 2021 GT Line and for the life of me cannot get Android Auto to work "wireless". I can get it to work by using the USB cable but not the wireless option. I have tried everything possible and it just does not work. I am using a One Plus 8 running Android 11 and also tried a One Plus N10 5G with the same results. Is there something I am missing? The head unit of the car and even the quick start guide that came with the vehicle and even the salesman at the dealership all say it has wireless Android Auto.

Any suggestions or a walk thru would be helpful. Thanks In Advance!!

AeRo

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
320 Posts
Honestly I didn’t think wireless Android Auto was available on these cars. I could be wrong though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly I didn’t think wireless Android Auto was available on these cars. I could be wrong though
All the literature, the touch screen, and the dealer say it does but it will not work. I have the "phone projection" button on the head unit which is supposed to mean that wireless Android Auto is available; and after I turn it on for AA it does absolutely nothing until I connect via USB.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
320 Posts
All the literature, the touch screen, and the dealer say it does but it will not work. I have the "phone projection" button on the head unit which is supposed to mean that wireless Android Auto is available; and after I turn it on for AA it does absolutely nothing until I connect via USB.
Mine has that button too and it is labeled that way and I can guarantee you mine doesn’t have that capability. I’m almost positive it doesn’t have it unless it’s part of UVO or something that I don’t have on my base car

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has that button too and it is labeled that way and I can guarantee you mine doesn’t have that capability. I’m almost positive it doesn’t have it unless it’s part of UVO or something that I don’t have on my base car
I installed UVO and it is worthless for my car. Not even worth the time so I deleted it. Anyway, was just trying to see what others have had success with or not. Seems like a very badly programmed system. Wireless AA is a cool feature to have but does disharge your battery fairly quickly. No problems plugging it into the USB but they should not advertise it as available and have the option if it does not work at all. There have to be others who have tried this.... Thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
320 Posts
I installed UVO and it is worthless for my car. Not even worth the time so I deleted it. Anyway, was just trying to see what others have had success with or not. Seems like a very badly programmed system. Wireless AA is a cool feature to have but does disharge your battery fairly quickly. No problems plugging it into the USB but they should not advertise it as available and have the option if it does not work at all. There have to be others who have tried this.... Thanks for the reply!!
If it does have that functionally (which I honestly kinda doubt since I haven’t seen any literature stating that the Forte has wireless Android Auto - the K5 has it, but only on the base screen for some reason), it may be a phone issue. I used to have an Android and it was super finicky when it came to this stuff. So maybe it’s not trying to connect wirelessly and you have to change that in settings. I’m honestly not sure

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it does have that functionally (which I honestly kinda doubt since I haven’t seen any literature stating that the Forte has wireless Android Auto - the K5 has it, but only on the base screen for some reason), it may be a phone issue. I used to have an Android and it was super finicky when it came to this stuff. So maybe it’s not trying to connect wirelessly and you have to change that in settings. I’m honestly not sure
Yeah I hear ya. Not sure as well. Not a big deal at all but would like the functionality. Pics attached of the quick user guide that was attached to the steering wheel (which I imagine is the same for all their new cars and not differentiated by model).

Publication Font Material property Thumb Advertising
Font Material property Recipe Advertising Publication

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
320 Posts
Interesting. That might be a blanket manual that they put in every model that covers every main feature in every car they sell (hence the asterisk - if equipped). Check the actual owners manual to see if you can find any mention of it in there. I’ll take a look at my literature next time I’m with the car

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
631 Posts
In Australia wireless is not supported so some of our members have bought AA Wireless from Indiegogo. The feedback is good and it works great.

·
Registered
2020 Forte gtline
11 Posts
I have had this for quite a while. You just plug it in the usb port and then the phone will connect without the cable. works 99% of the time. there is a small delay when you change songs, but no audio lag. Only FYI small issue I have had with this is. If you are using maps for directions and lets say its long trip, and you are playing music as well while having it on the wireless charger. My phone (iphone se2) got hot and shut down because of it. I have only had it happen once. Might be a fluke but I normally don't run the maps for my day-to-day driving. Playing music with wireless charging has been fine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091YWGY2T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello All. I did a quick search and found a few items but nothing specific. I have a 2021 GT Line and for the life of me cannot get Android Auto to work "wireless". I can get it to work by using the USB cable but not the wireless option. I have tried everything possible and it just does not work. I am using a One Plus 8 running Android 11 and also tried a One Plus N10 5G with the same results. Is there something I am missing? The head unit of the car and even the quick start guide that came with the vehicle and even the salesman at the dealership all say it has wireless Android Auto.

Any suggestions or a walk thru would be helpful. Thanks In Advance!!

AeRo
It may be your phone. Not all android phones can do wireless.

Reactions: noturbonoproblem

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've also tried that with the same problem. I was hoping to have maps available on the infotainment itself. But since it doesn't, I had to use my phone. Without a USB cable, I can't connect my phone to the system. Save phone calls

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
306 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts