Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me find out the size of the low beam bulbs, wanna replace the stock ones that came with it

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Would you happen to know the festoon sizes? I can't seem to find that anywhere. TIA
First time I saw the word "Festoon" I wondered the same thing...Then I found in the case of automobile light bulbs "Festoon" refers to a specific bulb - used in dome lights, map lights, glove boxes, and trunk lighting - it is the same as a numbered bulb like HB3, 9005, HB4, 9006, etc. If you go to an Auto-parts store and ask for a "Festoon" bulb they'll hand you a package with "Festoon bulbs" in it. You can get them in LED or incandescent versions,

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT- Line
5 Posts
First time I saw the word "Festoon" I wondered the same thing...Then I found in the case of automobile light bulbs "Festoon" refers to a specific bulb - used in dome lights, map lights, glove boxes, and trunk lighting - it is the same as a numbered bulb like HB3, 9005, HB4, 9006, etc. If you go to an Auto-parts store and ask for a "Festoon" bulb they'll hand you a package with "Festoon bulbs" in it. You can get them in LED or incandescent versions,
Yeah, I knew what a festoon was, but if you look at the LED festoons on Amazon or in an auto parts store, they vary in size from 31mm to 41mm (probably more, but those are the ones that I noticed). I just didn't know if there was a certain length of them that would work in the various locations in the car like map lights, glove box light, dome lights, trunk. I can't find the lengths anywhere.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
That's what I mean...I don't understand why they don't have a specific part number - like FESTOON 31 (31 MM long) or FESTOON 41 (41MM long).
They are all listed only as "FESTOON"
Sorry, I don't know the length of the one's in the Forte - ANYBODY ELSE KNOW?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT- Line
5 Posts
That's what I mean...I don't understand why they don't have a specific part number - like FESTOON 31 (31 MM long) or FESTOON 41 (41MM long).
They are all listed only as "FESTOON"
Sorry, I don't know the length of the one's in the Forte - ANYBODY ELSE KNOW?
It's all good. I guess I'll have to get my ass out there with my calipers and measure them one by one lol. I already replaced the license plate lights with LED's and I have the ones for the back up lights (waiting on a decently dry day to do them) , but I want to do the rest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's all good. I guess I'll have to get my ass out there with my calipers and measure them one by one lol. I already replaced the license plate lights with LED's and I have the ones for the back up lights (waiting on a decently dry day to do them) , but I want to do the rest.
Which ones did you get for the back up lights?? I’d like to switch the reverse lights to LED as well. I’m gonna get under my car hopefully later today and figure out which are the ones for the headlights and report back.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT- Line
5 Posts
Which ones did you get for the back up lights?? I’d like to switch the reverse lights to LED as well. I’m gonna get under my car hopefully later today and figure out which are the ones for the headlights and report back.
I ordered these off Amazon:

I haven't installed them on the Forte yet (hopefully in a couple hours I will get the chance), but I put them in my wife's 2021 Forester Sport just a couple nights ago and they worked great. Bright as hell. They made a huge difference in the visibility of her backup camera at night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts