Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in oregon have kia forte stolen. Ours was stolen on Monday 09/19-2022. Bought 1.5 years ago brand new & now its gone! Did the dealership lie to ya by say the car is not easy to steal. Weve bought 3 cars total over $85,000. From the same dealership & same sales person all three times in less than 3 years. I've had nothing but problems w/ Kia's! And now I have a problem w/ Weston Kia & kia! Both are going to PAY DEARLY!!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
419 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hope your insurance does well by you.

There are a lot of media stories about Kias being stolen because pre-2022 cars lack an immobilizer chip in their key fobs. Google "Kiaboyz" for the awful details. There are several class action lawsuits being filed against Kia for inadequate theft protection. Check that out, too.

My '22 Forte was in the parking lot of the gym while I was marching on the treadmill. A sinister looking character in a broken down Pontiac Grand Prix circled my car several times, looking at it. He fled when another car parked in the area.
No telling if your car was used for a joyride or fodder for the chop shop or is in a container going to South America. If you get another Kia, invest in a the anti-theft steering wheel Club. Many police departments are giving them free to Kia owners.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Since most of these thefts are done by kids following a social media trend, I was hoping that the start of school would abate the trend. Looking at news reports that isn't happening.

I have noticed media reports that an increasing number of stolen Kias and Hyundais are not being recovered. To me, this indicates professional thieves who are either taking the cars to chop shops for disassembly for parts, or are being put into shipping containers for resale in countries ( the middle east and South America ) where title laws are ignored.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,231 Posts
Not all thieves are that ignorant...:)
It's America. Almost all of them are LOL. While no guarantee, the fact that this "trend" is mostly done by young stupid kids means I wouldn't be surprised if almost none of them knew stick

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
It's America. Almost all of them are LOL. While no guarantee, the fact that this "trend" is mostly done by young stupid kids means I wouldn't be surprised if almost none of them knew stick
Since manual/standard transmission are rapidly being phased out or raise the vehicle price by several thousands & most drivers despise their attention taken away while doing duck face selfie thumbing on their phones. Most don't buy a standard transmission vehicle cause it interferes whenever they're doing a screen capture with 2 pedals cause 3 pedals is too much.

I've asked my sons friends if they know what "popping the clutch or pop the clutch is?". They thought I was making some tiktok sh*t trend up. They either asked siri & google. Bunch of clowns🤣😂🤣😂😂

·
Registered
419 Posts
The law firm most actively pursuing Kia and Hyundai over thefts is Humphrey Farrington McCain in Kansas City (hfmlegal.com). Their hotline for Kia thefts is: 816-836-5050.

More bad news that I posted on another thread. If you do get your car back expect to wait months for a replacement back window or steering column. So many Kias have been stolen that these parts are backordered. Check your insurance for rental car reimbursement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts