Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any plug and play remote start options for the 2021 Forte GT? Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a time crunch when purchasing the car so I wasn’t able to opt in for that feature. I called up the dealership and they said the instal will be around $600 which seems a little steep to me. Let me know if there’s anything out there or if I should just go with OEM.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,426 Posts
Considering the Kia remote start kit is $400+, $200 is not extreme for installation...and it will be factory/dealer warranted.

Also considering the newness of these cars there is little chance of finding a non-dealership auto repair shop that will have experience installing these on this model car!

There isn't a price for a "peace-of-mind" install...:)

·
Registered
651 Posts
For starters, UVO App is the easiest way to go but i understand that it's not available in the US?

Next best option is plug and play...
Remote Start for FORTE / CERATO

After that, someone on FB said they got the oem GT Fob with starter button to work on the Gt forte.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
For starters, UVO App is the easiest way to go but i understand that it's not available in the US?

Next best option is plug and play...
Remote Start for FORTE / CERATO

After that, someone on FB said they got the oem GT Fob with starter button to work on the Gt forte.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
hmmmm really?
damn , I was just trying to "activate" my UVO, actually , for the last 2 weeks...
Im in the US...my car is supposed to have it but..I cant use all features..
I have the app, the uvo option in the car, it lets me do a few things but when asked to "activate it" it says it cannot...
I wonder why not in the US...

·
Registered
71 Posts
My car was also listed as 'remote start' by uvo. I called and asked, was told that wasn't the case and it would require a separate module and a 2nd keyfob to cart around. I'd prefer that not happening so I just have no remote start. I'm curious about the fob above with the start button...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts