Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia Forte GT/w GT2
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to do the update from the 28th of April, yet?

They say to use a fat32 32gig drive, but that isn't possible, as the files are 31.6gigs.

For some reason Windows 10 is refusing to format anything over 32GB into fat32.
Does anyone know if we can use exfat or ext4 or ext3?
My Android phone (2 years old OnePlus 8 Pro) supports ntfs with no issues. I would hope that my car would too.

·
Registered
2022 GT w/GT2
24 Posts
Has anyone tried to do the update from the 28th of April, yet?

They say to use a fat32 32gig drive, but that isn't possible, as the files are 31.6gigs.

For some reason Windows 10 is refusing to format anything over 32GB into fat32.
Does anyone know if we can use exfat or ext4 or ext3?
My Android phone (2 years old OnePlus 8 Pro) supports ntfs with no issues. I would hope that my car would too.
I just ordered a drive larger than 32gb but just saw your post again saying Windows 10 won't format anything bigger than 32. Whoops! Hahaha.

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia Forte GT/w GT2
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered some replacement drives, too. Can't find any of my others, besides a horribly slow 256GB, and my m.2 USB drives. I don't know why my laptop won't do fat32 on anything larger than 32GB, but it should, up to 2TB. I'll try it on my desktop when I get home.

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia Forte GT/w GT2
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it was kind of difficult to even get it to download. Kept saying no internet. 1gig speed and it was saying no internet. SMH. I'm just wanting the black maps, in the update.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
705 Posts
You have to do it through the SD card. Kia says to use the one that’s in the car but that’s not possible because of size. It also means if you don’t have nav you can’t update your system at all, which is the issue I ran into when I tried to update my FE

·
Registered
2022 GT w/GT2
24 Posts
Reading up on EV6 forum, it looks like they redesigned the entire interface. Gone are the "radio number tubes" as they made the radio station logo bigger to fill the space. They also moved the presents to the left side and are vertical to align with the up/down button on the steering wheel. Looks like we can also reorder the presents now! Nice! Also, full screen Android Auto.

·
Registered
2022 GT w/GT2
24 Posts
I ordered some replacement drives, too. Can't find any of my others, besides a horribly slow 256GB, and my m.2 USB drives. I don't know why my laptop won't do fat32 on anything larger than 32GB, but it should, up to 2TB. I'll try it on my desktop when I get home.
Also wanted to mention... The instructions for the nav update say the USB should be ExFAT, but the instructions for the separate audio update say the USB should be FAT32.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
364 Posts
I used a 64GB USB drive formatted to ExtFat on Win 10 to update my 22 Gt2. It did get rid of those damn tubes in the radio lol AA is not Full screen, still split.

·
Registered
2022 GT w/GT2
24 Posts
I used a 64GB USB drive formatted to ExtFat on Win 10 to update my 22 Gt2. It did get rid of those damn tubes in the radio lol AA is not Full screen, still split.
Nice! Anything else noticeably different? Also, I think you can go into Setup, type 'split', click 'Use split Screen on Android Auto', then uncheck 'Use Split Screen on Android Auto Screen'.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
364 Posts
Nice! Anything else noticeably different? Also, I think you can go into Setup, type 'split', click 'Use split Screen on Android Auto', then uncheck 'Use Split Screen on Android Auto Screen'.
The update automatically turns off split screen in AA .. had to turn it back on to get radio station back on to the right of the screen. Just gives the same old AA system screen on the right same as before without split screen. Weather in split screen on AA shows forecast but not current weather now making it pretty much useless in AA now.

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia Forte GT/w GT2
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also wanted to mention... The instructions for the nav update say the USB should be ExFAT, but the instructions for the separate audio update say the USB should be FAT32.
I found the ones you were talking about, a little bit ago, but I was going by these, from the downloader, How to Update | Official Kia Navigation Update Website

I am about to give it a shot and update it, even though my day have been a horrible one. lol Crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
705 Posts
Just to clarify, you updated through the SD card slot or with a USB?

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
705 Posts
Ah so maybe with the 22 refresh people with no nav can actually update their infotainment unlike 21 and earlier

1 - 20 of 25 Posts