Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 22 forte LXS a couple weeks ago and I like it so far. All is well except for the sound system. When I have the music playing through apple play and my phone in general it sounds terrible. The best way to describe it is that it doesn’t sound full. I’ve tried messing with the setting on the radio and my phone and still haven’t figured it out. I have to have the volume set into the high 50s(max is 75) to even approach decent sound. Anyone have any advice on something I might be overlooking?

·
Administrator
616 Posts
Music over Bluetooth will never sound as good as a wired (better) or direct connection (best).

I find the way to get the best sound is to turn the source (phone) up to the max volume and then adjust the volume accordingly on the car's radio.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,426 Posts
Picked up my 22 forte LXS a couple weeks ago and I like it so far. All is well except for the sound system. When I have the music playing through apple play and my phone in general it sounds terrible. The best way to describe it is that it doesn’t sound full. I’ve tried messing with the setting on the radio and my phone and still haven’t figured it out. I have to have the volume set into the high 50s(max is 75) to even approach decent sound. Anyone have any advice on something I might be overlooking?
Post some pics, please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No help here but I picked up a 2022GT with the Harmon Kardon system. What a POS IMO. Any input be it phone direct wired , BT , XM or FMHD the sound is not even hearable until high 30's / mid 40's on the volume. Mid 50's and distortion starts to set in. Car has 900 miles on it now. Wish I tried the radio out more on my test drive then leaving it off to judge the rest of the experience prior to buying. My trade was a 2010 koup. That standard radio beat the current one hands down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah the stock sucks for sure. I have a 19 S and just waiting till it warms up and putting my sound system in it. 2 amps, audio control, 2 10's and probably upgrade the front speakers to MB Quart or JBL components. I'll leave the back factory and hope for the best, lol!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
306 Posts
No help here but I picked up a 2022GT with the Harmon Kardon system. What a POS IMO. Any input be it phone direct wired , BT , XM or FMHD the sound is not even hearable until high 30's / mid 40's on the volume. Mid 50's and distortion starts to set in. Car has 900 miles on it now. Wish I tried the radio out more on my test drive then leaving it off to judge the rest of the experience prior to buying. My trade was a 2010 koup. That standard radio beat the current one hands down.
I had Harmon Kardon in my 2021 GT-Line and I have it in my 2022 GT. My 22 is close to twice as loud as my 21 was. Something must be wrong with yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had Harmon Kardon in my 2021 GT-Line and I have it in my 2022 GT. My 22 is close to twice as loud as my 21 was. Something must be wrong with yours.
What level (volume #) is your 22 on when you can actually start to hear anything? Not a listening level but the start of hearable noise. My dealer is 1.5 hours away so not an easy swing by. I called them and they said what I'm describing sounds normal to them then also said they have nothing in stock to do a side by side comparison. Need to find a local dealer with one that has the H/K system to mess with myself. Just don't trust the dealers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What level (volume #) is your 22 on when you can actually start to hear anything? Not a listening level but the start of hearable noise. My dealer is 1.5 hours away so not an easy swing by. I called them and they said what I'm describing sounds normal to them then also said they have nothing in stock to do a side by side comparison. Need to find a local dealer with one that has the H/K system to mess with myself. Just don't trust the dealers
I probably can’t hear anything until the volume is in the mid to high 20s. I listen to it around 50-55 but it still sounds hollow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the stock sucks for sure. I have a 19 S and just waiting till it warms up and putting my sound system in it. 2 amps, audio control, 2 10's and probably upgrade the front speakers to MB Quart or JBL components. I'll leave the back factory and hope for the best, lol!
I’m going to look into upgrading the sound system as well. Not something I’ve ever done or have any knowledge about but I can’t stand the lifeless sound coming from the speakers. I like the car quite a bit otherwise so it’s just unfortunate that it sounds so shitty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It seems low until about the 60% indication on the screen... unusual -but the audio does get quite loud and sounds very good to me for a basic 4 speaker audio system.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
306 Posts
I'm going to be gone most of the day but will let you know tonight. I general listen to the 22 in the 20's range of volume. So I assume being able to hear it is quite low on the volume knob. My 21 sat at in the 40's most of the time and like 43 is as high as it went.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts