Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So like the title says I am having issues making bluetooth phone calls. When I do the person on the other end can hear me but I can't hear them. I brought this up to the dealer and they replaced the entire audio/video module however the problem persists. Has anyone else had this issue and if so were you able to resolve it?

Edit: Forgot to mention I have an iPhone 11 (non-pro) and my wife has an iPhone 13 (non-pro) both with the latest patches/bug fixes installed on them.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,142 Posts
Just so you don't get ignored...I haven't seen any other posts about the problem you are having. I did a search in the 3rd Gen Forte forums and didn't run across any either.

Hopefully someone can help.

·
Administrator
693 Posts
Dumb question but, you're sure the phone is paired to the car correctly?

Also, there's usually a separate volume control just for Bluetooth calling, maybe it's set to Mute or the volume is set too low. Have you tried (usually by using the steering wheel controls) turning up the volume during a call?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dumb question but, you're sure the phone is paired to the car correctly?

Also, there's usually a separate volume control just for Bluetooth calling, maybe it's set to Mute or the volume is set too low. Have you tried (usually by using the steering wheel controls) turning up the volume during a call?
It's definitely paired and I can hear music playing from the phone fine. Also like I said the person at the other end of the call can hear me so the mic is working just not the incoming audio.

·
Administrator
693 Posts
the person at the other end of the call can hear me so the mic is working just not the incoming audio.
There's usually a different volume control for Bluetooth music and voice calling though, be sure to check that the Bluetooth calling volume is up. Also be sure that the volume on your phone (when in a call) is up as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's usually a different volume control for Bluetooth music and voice calling though, be sure to check that the Bluetooth calling volume is up. Also be sure that the volume on your phone (when in a call) is up as well.
Yep, that did it thanks. Apparently the replacement module combined with using the volume control during a phone call worked. I appreciate the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts