Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen anything to suggest Kia is remodeling the 2022 Forte. Edmunds latest report states there are no significant changes to the North American Forte for 2022. Kia.com does not show any upcoming vehicles other then the new EV6.

Actually this is typical for the Forte/Cerato/K3 - The Asia/Australian market usually gets the new stuff and North America gets it a year later.

So...if you're waiting on the front and rear restyled 2022 Cerato/K3....looks like you'll have to wait another year in North America.

Unless Kia wants "the power to surprise" us...LOL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
They might hold off the name change and redesign until 2023. The only “significant” change I have heard of is that the 2022 will more than likely drop the base 2.0L manual transmission.

Shortly after I bought my car, My salesman and I were talking, and he mentioned that the base manual is gonna be dropped soon. I don’t have any proof other than that conversation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true. Guess we will not know until the 2022 Details are revealed! 😬

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They might hold off the name change and redesign until 2023. The only “significant” change I have heard of is that the 2022 will more than likely drop the base 2.0L manual transmission.

Shortly after I bought my car, My salesman and I were talking, and he mentioned that the base manual is gonna be dropped soon. I don’t have any proof other than that conversation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true. Guess we will not know until the 2022 Details are revealed! 😬
It all depends on sales numbers.
I remember when buying a car cost you more to get it with an automatic...
Now you have to pay more to get a manual...LOL!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts

Bummer! I love my 2.0 manual. Guess I have a collector car now 😂

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT, 2013 Kia Soul Plus, 1992 Toyota Corolla, 1978 Chevy Corvette, 2013 Fiat 500
64 Posts
I'll double check my dealer tracking software, but from what I understand they are dropping the base manual. Already did with the Soul, only manual left in the states in the Forte GT is what it's sounding like.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT, 2013 Kia Soul Plus, 1992 Toyota Corolla, 1978 Chevy Corvette, 2013 Fiat 500
64 Posts
Just checked, it's official, no more FE Manuals, just the GT.

Reactions: ForteSX2.4

·
Registered
99 Posts
Damn. That sucks. At least the GT still has a manual option. Hopefully it remains available for a good while
In Canda the Forte GT is not available with a manual. However, we get the Forte5, and it is available in a GT MT trim. Which makes no sense, because there would be more demand for a Forte GT MT, as the Forte is much more popular than the Forte5.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts
In Canda the Forte GT is not available with a manual. However, we get the Forte5, and it is available in a GT MT trim. Which makes no sense, because there would be more demand for a Forte GT MT, as the Forte is much more popular than the Forte5.
We don’t get the hatch. Win some lose some I guess. Wish we had the hatch in the US

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Corporate" doesn't consider sense when making decisions.

Like Kia North America deciding that owners didn't need fog lights on 2016-2017 Optimas - knowing that the majority of prior years Optimas sold with fog lights...because people that bought them wanted fog lights...Asia, Europe, and Australia got the fog lights on their Optimas...

·
Registered
64 Posts
What's happening is that Kia's manual sales in the US equates to less than 1% across the board. Generally speaking, we get a GT Manual in, and it sits, for months. All but one of my lot attendants cannot drive a manual car. So they have slowly sent us less, and less. No more manual Soul, we don't get the manual Rio, no more manual base Forte. We don't get the Ceed, which offers a manual in nearly every trim including the wagon.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts
What's happening is that Kia's manual sales in the US equates to less than 1% across the board. Generally speaking, we get a GT Manual in, and it sits, for months. All but one of my lot attendants cannot drive a manual car. So they have slowly sent us less, and less. No more manual Soul, we don't get the manual Rio, no more manual base Forte. We don't get the Ceed, which offers a manual in nearly every trim including the wagon.
Makes sense. Although Hyundai/Kia/Genesis doesn’t do special order, which sucks for people that want manuals, since we tend to be picky about colors/options/etc. which might help explain it a little. My manual FE was on the lot for a day and a half before I took it home, so it’s not always like that

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just depends on the area really, here in Seattle the market for a manual is even less. You kind of can do an order, you are just limited to what they make. When you order car you aren't even telling Kia to build a car for you, what you are saying is "The next time you build one that is in these specifications, it is mine."

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts
Just depends on the area really, here in Seattle the market for a manual is even less. You kind of can do an order, you are just limited to what they make. When you order car you aren't even telling Kia to build a car for you, what you are saying is "The next time you build one that is in these specifications, it is mine."
Interesting. Still not sure why they wouldn’t do special order - seems like it would make for (a very small number I’m sure) extra sales, as well as higher customer satisfaction since they didn’t have to settle on a different spec, go somewhere else, or have to wait an unspecified amount of time for the car they want

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting. Still not sure why they wouldn’t do special order - seems like it would make for (a very small number I’m sure) extra sales, as well as higher customer satisfaction since they didn’t have to settle on a different spec, go somewhere else, or have to wait an unspecified amount of time for the car they want
It's all about supply and demand. The fewer the parts made the higher the cost per unit - profit goes down. It's just not worth it to make 1% of sales.

Let's say Kia did that next year - only made Fortes with manuals by request. The number would drop significantly because most people are impulse buyers and don't want to wait weeks to (most likely) months for a vehicle. Kia would have to raise the cost significantly which would probably further keep customers from ordering one that way. They would also have no way of knowing how many parts they need - no manufacturer wants to have parts on shelves for long periods.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
198 Posts
It's all about supply and demand. The fewer the parts made the higher the cost per unit - profit goes down. It's just not worth it to make 1% of sales.

Let's say Kia did that next year - only made Fortes with manuals by request. The number would drop significantly because most people are impulse buyers and don't want to wait weeks to (most likely) months for a vehicle. Kia would have to raise the cost significantly which would probably further keep customers from ordering one that way. They would also have no way of knowing how many parts they need - no manufacturer wants to have parts on shelves for long periods.
Yeah exactly. I wasn’t saying make the manual special order, but to allow special ordering so people that want something super specific have the opportunity to get it. Could help raise manual take rare because certainly some people would order a car specially with a manual instead of having to look at dealers in a 500 mile radius to find something with a manual but suboptimal in their eyes

·
Registered
2021 KIA LXS
27 Posts
My local dealer who can't keep Forte's on the lot, they are sold as soon as delivered has a white 21 Forte FE Manual for over a month

·
Registered
64 Posts
We can't keep Fortes on the lot, we have one auto EX and just got an auto GT-Line right now which I expect to be gone within a couple days and 3 manual GTs which I've had on the lot for a while now. They just don't sell well. Compound that with the fact that for some reason you can't have heated or ventilated seats on the manual, nor can you have full leather is a sticking point to even my manual customers. For someone like me, I don't care, would I like those things? Sure. Is it a deal breaker for the kind of car it is, not at all, it's a fun car and the things that make the car fun to drive for me outweigh the heated/ventilated seats and the full leather, besides, if I really want the full leather, I can take it to a local place here, Autotrim or Katskinz and get full leather if I really need to have it.

Reactions: noturbonoproblem

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We can't keep Fortes on the lot, we have one auto EX and just got an auto GT-Line right now which I expect to be gone within a couple days and 3 manual GTs which I've had on the lot for a while now. They just don't sell well. Compound that with the fact that for some reason you can't have heated or ventilated seats on the manual, nor can you have full leather is a sticking point to even my manual customers. For someone like me, I don't care, would I like those things? Sure. Is it a deal breaker for the kind of car it is, not at all, it's a fun car and the things that make the car fun to drive for me outweigh the heated/ventilated seats and the full leather, besides, if I really want the full leather, I can take it to a local place here, Autotrim or Katskinz and get full leather if I really need to have it.
I've never understood why Kia is so hard on interior choices! Down here in Florida I prefer cloth seats - the sun can heat up the leather/simulated leather seats so that the first time you sit in the car you practically burn your skin. Until my 2021 Forte GT I always got the models with sport cloth seats - so no top-of-the-line SX or GT models for me. It's only because of the heated/cooled seats that I went ahead and bought my GT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts