Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
244 Posts
I've never understood why Kia is so hard on interior choices! Down here in Florida I prefer cloth seats - the sun can heat up the leather/simulated leather seats so that the first time you sit in the car you practically burn your skin. Until my 2021 Forte GT I always got the models with sport cloth seats - so no top-of-the-line SX or GT models for me. It's only because of the heated/cooled seats that I went ahead and bought my GT.
That’s part of the reason I got the base model actually - I love cloth for that reason, and the fact that you can’t get heated or vented seats with the manual on the GT made the cloth seats on the base FE more appealing

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
305 Posts
EX is gone for 2022.

Forget the videos, the images are correct. The car shown in the images a GT with the updated headlights and changed bumper cover. The tail-lights also have an update.

I am not entertained at all by M/T's journalist. Not since C. Van Tune.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
EX is gone for 2022
Yep...

The pictured car in the video you posted is an anomaly. It's fire-orange (2021 GT not available in fire orange), it's NOT a 2022 - has old "Kia" emblem not the new KIA badge, can't see a GT/GT-Line badge in the grille, it has fog lights (EX, GT, and GT-Line have fog lights), BUT it looks like the LED headlights of a GT, not an EX. What is it?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT, 2013 Kia Soul Plus, 1992 Toyota Corolla, 1978 Chevy Corvette, 2013 Fiat 500
83 Posts
Most certainly not the 22, does have the front sensor. EX is dropped for the 22.

That is a Launch Edition.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT, 2013 Kia Soul Plus, 1992 Toyota Corolla, 1978 Chevy Corvette, 2013 Fiat 500
83 Posts
The pictured car in the video you posted is an anomaly
Not really an anomaly, just a limited run. That was the Launch Edition, basically a special GT-Line. We had them on the lot for a little bit, sold the last one about a year ago off of our lot that was put in a test drive program.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry EX, have GT-Line on the brain.....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yep...

The pictured car in the video you posted is an anomaly. It's fire-orange (2021 GT not available in fire orange), it's NOT a 2022 - has old "Kia" emblem not the new KIA badge, can't see a GT/GT-Line badge in the grille, it has fog lights (EX, GT, and GT-Line have fog lights), BUT it looks like the LED headlights of a GT, not an EX. What is it?
Only I didn't post a video, just the link to M/T's page where the information is written and there are still images. I didn't notice the videos at all.

The story and the stills are a Forte GT. I know we live in a video era but not everything has a video attached to it, my thread/blog specifically.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not really an anomaly, just a limited run. That was the Launch Edition, basically a special GT-Line. We had them on the lot for a little bit, sold the last one about a year ago off of our lot that was put in a test drive program.
Doesn't matter: EX, FE, GT Line, et-al all slow. Not against their peers obviously. The GT is smack in the middle of the Type R and Si.

GT Line like the Fiesta ST-Line is a styling package. With the K5 it's a middle ground between the standard K5 and the GT. Kona N-Line is styling only, but the Elantra GT N-Line and Elantra N-Line are performance oriented.

This causes confusion with the average car shopper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I honestly don't like the revision at all. Much like when I had my 2006 Yaris and got a 2010 after that; I ended up converting the 2010 one into a JDM 2006 replacing all the bumpers and lights lol

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Sky

21 - 33 of 33 Posts