Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
974 Posts
Nice! That color is the best one on the facelift GT IMO. Love it. How do you like it so far?

Reactions: Intruder

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,773 Posts
I can't believe you don't already have mods on the way...:)

JK

Let the spending begin!

• Haha
Reactions: Intruder

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,773 Posts
Need a shot with the headlights and fog lights on!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2023 Forte GT 6 speed manual Sporty Blue
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! That color is the best one on the facelift GT IMO. Love it. How do you like it so far?
Loving the color myself. So far I’m really liking this car!

I can't believe you don't already have mods on the way...:)

JK

Let the spending begin!
Lol! I know, right!?
Not much planned until after the new year. But of course, plans are easily changed.

Need a shot with the headlights and fog lights on!
I’ll get a shot tonight.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
305 Posts
It is impolite to ask what you paid for it, but with the continuing supply problems, cars are either unavailable or have an eye-watering markup. Are you happy with the timing and cost of your purchase?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t feel I did too bad. The only thing I really didn’t want was the theft protection but since it was already installed, they wouldn’t remove or discount it. Which was a bummer but I talked them down on the adjustment. They matched a quote I got from another Kia dealer. Overall, I payed a little more than MSRP but not unhappy with what I payed. Now if I could have gotten out of the taxes and fees….

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, the car arrived 5 days earlier than I was told. REALLY happy about that!!

Reactions: ZiggyM5

·
Registered
21 Posts
I finally turned 2500 miles on my 2022 GT Manual. I am wondering if anyone has raced a manual and a auto. I got mine for a $215 Lease because nobody could drive stick...LOL> The only thing I really don't like is 1st gear is to short and 2nd is too long, and this motor has the absolute worst turbo lag I have ever experienced. Its fun around town. Looks like the 2023 is the same styling on the exterior. Enjoy.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I finally turned 2500 miles on my 2022 GT Manual. I am wondering if anyone has raced a manual and a auto. I got mine for a $215 Lease because nobody could drive stick...LOL> The only thing I really don't like is 1st gear is to short and 2nd is too long, and this motor has the absolute worst turbo lag I have ever experienced. Its fun around town. Looks like the 2023 is the same styling on the exterior. Enjoy.
The dct is funky.. if I was the only one to drive this car I would have strongly considered getting a manual. Never raced the two but I can’t imagine the manual being able to outperform the dct in a straight line.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The dct is funky.. if I was the only one to drive this car I would have strongly considered getting a manual. Never raced the two but I can’t imagine the manual being able to outperform the dct in a straight line.
Yeah I thought it was going to be a lot faster, but its sort of a pooch. Every once in a while it surprises you but 1st gear in the manual is useless. 2nd is too tall to use off the line especially with only 200hp. If they could get those ratios tighter it would be a winner. I still enjoy the manual for sure as it brings back memories of my old Eclipse GTS manual from almost 20 years ago.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah I thought it was going to be a lot faster, but its sort of a pooch. Every once in a while it surprises you but 1st gear in the manual is useless. 2nd is too tall to use off the line especially with only 200hp. If they could get those ratios tighter it would be a winner. I still enjoy the manual for sure as it brings back memories of my old Eclipse GTS manual from almost 20 years ago.
Well we can’t have everything we want.. I think maybe you will adapt to its quirks and maybe address it with mods...

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
974 Posts
I found the gearing to be pretty much perfect. You’ll learn to like it. Also, short shifter and solid end link bushings dramatically change how well it drives and vastly improved the shifter feel. Also there is pretty much zero turbo lag on the 1.6. Drive an 80s turbo Saab… then we can start talking about turbo lag lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts